Home

JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
They're great but idk. For me I see a lot of forced attacking the rim. Like Chris Paul took like 30 shots and forced a lot at the rim which resulted in him getting blocked like 8-9 times. I've never seen him drive and kick the ball out and barely any midrange jumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While I agree they are very good sliders, i have made a couple of adjustments after reading through the on Ball D at 0 post and it has done wonders for the game in my eyes. These are the edits I made;

lowered each shot slider (ins,Clo,Mid,3pt,LayUp,Contact shot) by 1
Increased Block by 5 for both
Lowered Def Awr to 34, and On-Ball D to 18 for both
Raised Help D to 95
Lowered Close Shot Tendency to 5 for CPU
Lowered Shooting foul to 77
Raised Contest shot tendency for User and CPU to 95

Doing this has opened the game up a little, the cpu drives and my help colapses and the cpu will kick out to open shooters and with the lower pass accuracy there will be some errant passes helping the turnover count. Plus the raised contest shot slider has produced some fouls on jump shooters for both me and the cpu.

The biggest improvement in my eyes is the greater freedom of movement when dribbling. You still get punished for dribbling into crowds but neither you or the cpu stick like glue anymore and well timed and executed dribble moves can get you past the defender. And by rotating properly you can shut down penetration, but if you cheat you're vulnerable to back door plays.

I've also noticed that the cpu will take more mid-range and floaters if the paint is clogged. occaisonally they still will bully there way to the cup but not as much due to active help d usually has someone open for a pass due to on-ball and off-ball pressure setting in the coaching profile.

I would love for some of you to try this and give me some feedback as to whether you experience what I have with these edits. Credit to the folks on the On-Ball D at 0 thread for the idea.

Peace,

MrMars
Old 11-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #314
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMars
While I agree they are very good sliders, i have made a couple of adjustments after reading through the on Ball D at 0 post and it has done wonders for the game in my eyes. These are the edits I made;

lowered each shot slider (ins,Clo,Mid,3pt,LayUp,Contact shot) by 1
Increased Block by 5 for both
Lowered Def Awr to 34, and On-Ball D to 18 for both
Raised Help D to 95
Lowered Close Shot Tendency to 5 for CPU
Lowered Shooting foul to 77
Raised Contest shot tendency for User and CPU to 95

Doing this has opened the game up a little, the cpu drives and my help colapses and the cpu will kick out to open shooters and with the lower pass accuracy there will be some errant passes helping the turnover count. Plus the raised contest shot slider has produced some fouls on jump shooters for both me and the cpu.

The biggest improvement in my eyes is the greater freedom of movement when dribbling. You still get punished for dribbling into crowds but neither you or the cpu stick like glue anymore and well timed and executed dribble moves can get you past the defender. And by rotating properly you can shut down penetration, but if you cheat you're vulnerable to back door plays.

I've also noticed that the cpu will take more mid-range and floaters if the paint is clogged. occaisonally they still will bully there way to the cup but not as much due to active help d usually has someone open for a pass due to on-ball and off-ball pressure setting in the coaching profile.

I would love for some of you to try this and give me some feedback as to whether you experience what I have with these edits. Credit to the folks on the On-Ball D at 0 thread for the idea.

Peace,

MrMars
I'm trying this currently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #315
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Any thoughts on the bigmen getting tired too quickly ?

I tried these sliders once and found this problem really noticeable. Then I changed my slider set but it seems to be a fault with the game, maybe sliders (aside from individual player's attributes) cannot deal with this.

I saw that these sliders use a speed rating of 44 and fatigue rate rating of 53.
I wonder if the 44 speed rating will make the problem better or worse.
On the one hand, bigs become even slower and need to make up for it by turboing more. On the other hand, as they have a lower speed than wing players anyway, the reduction in speed could mean a relative closing of the speed gap between wings and bigs, thus reducing the relative speed discrepancy and therefore reducing the need for turboing for bigs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #316
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
Any thoughts on the bigmen getting tired too quickly ?

I tried these sliders once and found this problem really noticeable. Then I changed my slider set but it seems to be a fault with the game, maybe sliders (aside from individual player's attributes) cannot deal with this.

I saw that these sliders use a speed rating of 44 and fatigue rate rating of 53.
I wonder if the 44 speed rating will make the problem better or worse.
On the one hand, bigs become even slower and need to make up for it by turboing more. On the other hand, as they have a lower speed than wing players anyway, the reduction in speed could mean a relative closing of the speed gap between wings and bigs, thus reducing the relative speed discrepancy and therefore reducing the need for turboing for bigs.
The big man issue is most definitely one of the games faults. I have tried many a test trying to correct it but it seems this was the closest I could get. as far as I'm concerned, my bigs can play well into the 4th effectively without being too tired as long as theyre managed properly and spelled before too long. (These two being Greg Monroe at 87 and Nik Vucevic also at 87 in my association).

The speed has no effect, as least not in any of my tests, on the fatigue rate. This just lowers overall player speed. Big men still fatigue at the same rate, just now that top speed is lower.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #317
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
The big man issue is most definitely one of the games faults. I have tried many a test trying to correct it but it seems this was the closest I could get. as far as I'm concerned, my bigs can play well into the 4th effectively without being too tired as long as theyre managed properly and spelled before too long. (These two being Greg Monroe at 87 and Nik Vucevic also at 87 in my association).

The speed has no effect, as least not in any of my tests, on the fatigue rate. This just lowers overall player speed. Big men still fatigue at the same rate, just now that top speed is lower.
I think the fatigue at 53 is right on point. I personally would not like my bigs looking fresh in the 4qtr.....

Another option is to maybe lower your game mins to 10 min....

Last edited by tyberious4now; 11-03-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #318
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

I've found the problem with bigs getting tired lies in how often they're sprinting, which is almost all the time. The biggest culprit is after inbounding the ball after a made basket, the inbounder (which is always a big) sprints all the way down the court. After the offensive possession the big then sprints back on defense. So they basically sprint the entire time they are on the court.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #319
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
Great sliders overall, used in 4 games, 3 with nba teams, 1 with Euroleague teams. In superstar difficult it works just fine but in hall of fame difficulty it doesn't. I've missed too many shots on hall of fame difficulty which fall down usually in superstar difficulty.

Also, you may decrease the block tendency a little bit for both CPU and user. I get blocked too often when I make spin-lay'up. Usually it's one of the moves that is rarely being blocked by the guy defending you.

Also, I suggest you to increase the tendency of CPU's attacking to the basket a little bit because I've tried to see what would happen if I open the lane of PG while he's bringing the ball upcourt. With those sliders, he usually stands there and try to create a set play instead of using the open space in front of him - either by taking a shot or driving for a lay-up.

Thank you for your efforts,

Appreciated !

I think the PG standing around when open is more to do with Offensive Awareness.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #320
Just started!

shawn25's Arena

these sliders are good i like them i have more realistic box scores and my fg % isnt that high so good job on these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »