Home

JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #321
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

What are the controller settings (manual, intense d, always) and the association game speed for these?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #322
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagleboss
What are the controller settings (manual, intense d, always) and the association game speed for these?
I didn't like having to manually contest this year initially, as I had it on 'Intense-D' all last year. However, I changed It back because It adds yet another gameplay challenge and adds more user input skill. For newer players I would suggest doing it on intense D, but again, sometimes the better choice in on ball situations in to NOT hold LT, resulting in shots being uncontested.

It's a better Idea to practice on Manual and get the hang of using the right stick to contest shots. (Make sure youre using the right stick to contest when shots go up and not Y/Triangle.) ONLY use the block button when going for a block, if you use it to contest and miss, its basically an open shot.

I never thought much about the 0-100 scale until recently. I put it on 0 and didnt' see much difference so I just left it there. That's completely user preference.

As for game speed I have just left it at default
Old 11-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #323
Just started!

Just finished my first game of a 58 game season with the Knicks using these sliders and Rashidi's roster and I lost in OT against Boston. I shot 38%, 29/32 from the line, Melo had 28 on 10/25 shooting, Felton had 16, Chandler had 12. Bradley led the C's with 34 points including 4/11 from three. I felt he shot way too much. Besides that, the game was a lot of fun and felt realistic. I should note that I only controlled the Center on D. I let the CPU guard the other positions.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #324
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Yo JA Money, how do you play defense specifically? I feel like sometimes holding the left trigger, the CPU just turbo boosts by me to the basketball.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #325
Just started!

Hello JA Money14, i registered just to say a big thanks for these sliders. I had a bunch of games with these and every single game was awesome and intense. Thanks for the great work .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #326
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Yo JA Money, how do you play defense specifically? I feel like sometimes holding the left trigger, the CPU just turbo boosts by me to the basketball.
It really takes a combination of all of the tools you have as a defender. The left trigger, the left AND right trigger, stealing, and right hands up. Everything is very situational within different aspects of a game.

For the better defenders you can get away with only holding LT. But in general whenever the offense speeds up you wanna hold both. The problems with that lies in sometimes you will over pursue. And he will go bye. But there are times, certain points where a perfectly timed steal attempt will jar the ball loose. Or even just pushing up on the ball handler in traffic. I'm not talking just smashing steal when they come up the court it. Like it said you have to use it strategically and it's very situational. The right stick is crucial to create empty positions for the cpu, whether it be missed shots or turnovers. When they shoot or lose the dribble that's the time to get up in their face and hold the right stick. Its pressures them and pass accuracy as well as shot accuracy decrease exponentially.

The main goal though, as in real basketball isn't to move back and fourth it's to cut them off And beat them to the spot. Know who you're guarding and let bad shooters have a bit of space. Trust me I'll let d rose make 5-15 shooting jumpers rather than getting tons of layups and free throws. The waybi play defense is hard to explain, but that's the fundamentals lol.

Last edited by JA Money14; 11-05-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #327
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

This game was beautiful. Jennings scorched me though and they killed us on the offensive boards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #328
Rookie

Tell me but I been reading over and over, have you tested these for user vs user? online lgs.. I need a good base/starting point

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »