Home

JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #473
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon12 Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

Ok, so, if i'm allowed, here's why i think those sliders are not realistic, even if there's many good things. I think i that too many people are mistaking their dream of what basketball "should" be and what NBA basketball "IS". I also would like NBA basketball to be like Euroleague basketball, but it is not !

First, why would you lower the players speed ? NBA players are way faster than in the game ! It's already unrealistically hard to drive to the basket in the game (even more for the CPU) and players run plays way too slow.

Inside shots success at 44 and tendencies at 45/30. OK, here is the big mistake that most people seem to make. Inside shots are not just for guards driving to the baskets and finishinh with layups, it's also for big guys who receive the ball under the basket or after an offensive rebound ! How high scoring players like Howard, Cousins, Lopez, Pekovic, Gasol, Drummond, Monroe, Hibbert are supposed to score if they never shoot ?! Personnally, i was already tired in to see Howard finish with less than 10 points every time i played against the Rockets in the vanilla game !

Also, why do you all want FG% to be around 35% every game ? I don't get it. It feels like both teams are struggling in every game.

Attack the basket at 28. Wheter you like it or not, people, players are attacking the basket pretty often in NBA basketball ! Me too, i like european basketball, but this is NBA2k not Euroleague2k.

Layup defense is too high. The layup mechanic in the game is bad, shorter players get blocked way too often when they drive to the basketn which is a problem for guys who do that very often like Tony Parker or John Wall.

Continue the good work people !
Old 01-21-2014, 02:52 PM   #474
Rookie

Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

Sorry if my english is not perfect, it's not my first language, i'm french !
Old 01-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #475
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale4
After playing these for a while I don't see how you could think these sliders are anywhere near realistic? Sure, it emphasizes playing in the post and decreasing field goal percentages, but it almost completely eliminates the three pointer. I haven't made one since I began testing these sliders. Everyone has perfect D after you cross the half-court line, and the only way to score is to drive/pick and roll. I just don't see how you could watch an NBA game, then play these and say they are in any way similar. I've never seen an NBA or even a college game where the three pointer is completely eliminated. Just seems like a huge oversight on your part. If it wasn't for EA's game mechanics that allow for useful pick and roll plays these sliders would just render the game to low post vs low post play and the games all end 50-50.
What the hell? Are you playing NBA live? I've never had a problem with the 3pointer.

I don't really mind if you dislike or even hate my sliders, bit your arguments as to why are just baffling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #476
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale4
After playing these for a while I don't see how you could think these sliders are anywhere near realistic? Sure, it emphasizes playing in the post and decreasing field goal percentages, but it almost completely eliminates the three pointer. I haven't made one since I began testing these sliders. Everyone has perfect D after you cross the half-court line, and the only way to score is to drive/pick and roll. I just don't see how you could watch an NBA game, then play these and say they are in any way similar. I've never seen an NBA or even a college game where the three pointer is completely eliminated. Just seems like a huge oversight on your part. If it wasn't for EA's game mechanics that allow for useful pick and roll plays these sliders would just render the game to low post vs low post play and the games all end 50-50.
What about teams like the Grizzlies, Bobcats, Bulls, Pistons who get most of their points inside and don't shoot 3 pointers that much ? Do you want to sacrifice them to get every team playing like the Suns, Warriors or Blazers ?

The probleme in the vanilla game is not that there is too many 3 pointers, it's that players who are not supposed to take that many 3 pointers take too much of them. I don't have problems with guys like Curry, Ryan Anderson, Lillard or Matthews taking many 3 pointers, but i'm tired of seeing role players taking so many shots they should not.
That's why i tweaked every players tendencies, to make players who shoot the ball often doing so and role players only take once in a while.
For example, in the Warriors team, Curry, Thompson and Lee will shoot at least 10 times a game, when Iguodala, Barnes, Bogut and the others will shoot less often and less randomly.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #477
Rookie

Here, maybe I can describe what's going on better then. For whatever reason, the game after the slider change has near perfect D on my guards (or really anyone on the outside). When I drive or run a pick and roll there is no collapsing that allows for a drive and dish type play. My other set plays aren't able to get my shooters any separation either. From the point my PG crosses the half-court line he faces shut down D (which just seems odd in the first quarter).

I'm just finding that the CPU is attempting 1-2 three pointers a half and I'm shooting 10% or less from behind the arc. It's frustrating me that the CPU abandons that part of the game and I'm basically unable to use it either. Faced this before or have any ideas on what's going on?
Old 01-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #478
Rookie

It's the same problem with defense, 2K made every team playing defense like they're the Spurs, the Pacers, or th Bulls it's more there fantasy than reality. It's like every game is a playoff game, that's not realistic. It's annoying to face a really tight defense when playing against teams like the Sixers, Kings or Nuggets.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #479
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Only thing I see is the computer taking a lack of 3's that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #480
Rookie

Try to increase the defensive awereness. And also increase the tendency of taking close and under the the basket shots, i know it seems odd but i think CPU is adjusting the defense with the tendencies you set.
Also, the best way to have a realistic game is to change every player's tendency. I know it seems a long work but it's not really if you know the NBA.
By the way, does anyone realize that the meaning of each sliders is told in the attributes and tendencies section when you modify a player ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »