Home

JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #489
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

I'm also keen to check out his sliders and rosters as what he says DOES make a lot of sense and he seems very confident in the changes he's made himself.

With game speed at a minimum of 56, I'm wondering what player speed and quickness would be at? Or default 50? Seems like it would play very fast and for lack of a better term somewhat out of control.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #490
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sure, i can post my sliders if you're interested. Do i have to start a new thread ?

Although, the thing is, like i said, i changed every players tendencies (not just shooting tendencies but also behaviors, like handling, prefered triple threat moves and post moves), so i'm really not sure the sliders would work alone. I also changed coach profiles. To do all that, i basically checked the stats on yahoo NBA. I also checked highlights of the 4 or 5 best players of each teams on youtube (preferably of a game in which they scored a lot).

But the most important thing is actually the playbooks. I changed every playbooks to have only plays that work well. One of the big problem of the game is the plays in which post players are behind the 3point line. When those plays break, the post player often find himself with the ball behind the 3point line and don't know what to do with it because he can't initiate plays, so basically he waits and shot at the buzzer... Only post players who can shoot 3 points should be in this situation (like Love, Nowitzki, Bosh, Bargnani, Hawes, Anderson, Sullinger and a few others).

I can also post a few pictures of boxscores if you want.

Last edited by Jedaii; 01-25-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #491
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
With game speed at a minimum of 56, I'm wondering what player speed and quickness would be at? Or default 50? Seems like it would play very fast and for lack of a better term somewhat out of control.
Actually, i forgot to say i play with 9 minutes quarters, so maybe 55 or 54 would be better for 12 minutes.
It helps a lot for some reasons. The players move the ball more quickly, with less weird hesitation and they initiate a new play quickly when the first one breaks or after an offensive rebound. Fast breaks seem more realistic because players actually RUN. Shots are more realistic because they shoot as fast as in reality, the normal shooting mechanic in the game is WAY too slow ! It's ridiculous to see Steph Curry shooting in the game, it should feel really fast. And i'm not even talking about the stupidly slow moves under the basket, particularly when they turn around... it's a block most of the time.
Above all, it makes drives to the basket more realistic.
But it's still proportional to each player, of course
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #492
Rookie

I'd be interested to check out your sliders and game settings. Also what console do you play on? You could always upload your rosters via 2kshare if possible.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #493
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

These sliders are great with minor tweaks. The problems Ive been reading about seem to be a roster issue not the sliders. I haven't had on problem with the cpu shooting 3's or me making them.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #494
Rookie

@TheWood56 :
Good idea, i actually never thought it was possible. I'm on Xbox 360, i will definitely upload the rosters when i'm finished.

For the sliders, i guess i'll start a thread. I'll try to explain them.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #495
Rookie

Damn, I'm on ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 02:14 AM   #496
Rookie

I love these sliders but you can see where 2K have stuffed it up. I just played against the Bulls, Noah played 36 minutes and finished with 2 points on 1/1 shooting. boozer had 7 shot attempts whilst Rose had 18 and Shannon Brown had 24 attempts. Even jimmy butler only shot it 6 times.

Again like the sliders but get frustrated with CPU big men passing out of shots.

I'm 10-0 with Pacers !

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »