Home

JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedaii
And let me guess, when the CPU win, the Man Of The Game is 95% of the time a guard ? How can "dominant" big men can play their game correctly is they shoot 4 or 5 times a game ?
If you want to lower the driving to the basket, lower the tendency in each player's profile, just keep it high for guys who are supposed to do that often. Guys like Westbrook, Parker, Wall, Irving, Ellis, Evans, Bledsoe pretty much always drive to the basket ! Wheter we like it or not (i don't like it either), player's do that often in the real NBA.
I agree, Jedaii.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #498
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwillydog
I love these sliders but you can see where 2K have stuffed it up. I just played against the Bulls, Noah played 36 minutes and finished with 2 points on 1/1 shooting. boozer had 7 shot attempts whilst Rose had 18 and Shannon Brown had 24 attempts. Even jimmy butler only shot it 6 times.

Again like the sliders but get frustrated with CPU big men passing out of shots.

I'm 10-0 with Pacers !
Thank you, that's exactly my point !
Inside shot tendency and success need to be increased significantly if you want a realistic game.
I mean, those shots are supposed to be the highest percentage shots in basketball, the most efficient, right ? It's really ridiculous to see centers missing all these very simple shots under the basket in the game.

Also, offensive rebounds and putback tendency should be increased.

People make the mistake of thinking "i'm sick of the CPU driving to the basket and scoring all the time, so i will lower inside shot and close shot tendencies". NO. Inside shots and close shots are the bread and butter of centers and most power forwards ! Lower the driving to the basket tendency and change every player dribbling behavior (i almost totally eliminated the spinning and behind the bac tendencies, it's was stupidly high).

Also, that's why i modified every players. They never thought Jimmy Butler would be such an important part of the Bulls this year, so now that Rose is out and Deng traded, they only have Boozer to score regularly in the game. Same problem in other teams (for example Drummond is now one of the best centers in the NBA but still sucks in 2K... )

Last edited by Jedaii; 01-27-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #499
Just started!

@jedaii :
I'd be very interested to check out your sliders and game settings. when do you post them?
Old 02-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmobby
@jedaii :
I'd be very interested to check out your sliders and game settings. when do you post them?
I'll try to, but since english is not my first language (i'm french) and i want to explain a little bit my sliders, it could take a little more time for me to do it.

Also, like i said, i'm not sure my sliders are really interesting without my modified rosters, coach profiles and playbooks.

I'm still working on it, i'm trying to have a better understanding of player's tendencies/attributes and coach profiles. I'm observing the "old-school" teams in the game, because it seems they're better balanced.
I'm simulating games (CPU vs. CPU) between the 94-95 Magic and the 94-95 Knicks, modifying a bit the players and coach profiles after each game to have more realistic boxscores. When i'll have the Shaq and Ewing taking more shots than Penny and Starks, it will start to be more realistic ! Guards take way to much 3 pointers, seriously.

Coach profiles are REALLY important.

Oh and i increased game speed to 64 and the game seems way less broken, players don't hesitate that much anymore. I recommand to do that !
Old 02-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #501
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I'll try to, but since english is not my first language (i'm french) and i want to explain a little bit my sliders, it could take a little more time for me to do it.

Also, like i said, i'm not sure my sliders are really interesting without my modified rosters, coach profiles and playbooks.

I'm still working on it, i'm trying to have a better understanding of player's tendencies/attributes and coach profiles. I'm observing the "old-school" teams in the game, because it seems they're better balanced.
I'm simulating games (CPU vs. CPU) between the 94-95 Magic and the 94-95 Knicks, modifying a bit the players and coach profiles after each game to have more realistic boxscores. When i'll have the Shaq and Ewing taking more shots than Penny and Starks, it will start to be more realistic ! Guards take way to much 3 pointers, seriously.

Oh and i increased game speed to 64 and the game seems way less broken, players don't hesitate that much anymore. I recommand to do that !
I've been waiting for you to post your sliders too! Start a thread and show us what you currently have and then update it as you make changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #502
Rookie

Quote:
And let me guess, when the CPU win, the Man Of The Game is 95% of the time a guard ? How can "dominant" big men can play their game correctly is they shoot 4 or 5 times a game ?
If you want to lower the driving to the basket, lower the tendency in each player's profile, just keep it high for guys who are supposed to do that often. Guys like Westbrook, Parker, Wall, Irving, Ellis, Evans, Bledsoe pretty much always drive to the basket ! Wheter we like it or not (i don't like it either), player's do that often in the real NBA.
Nope. I always edit my own roster every year. We all know the 2K tendencies are a mess on default rosters and there's only so much a slider set can do to fix those problems. I've made my tendency tweaks already too so this slider set simply makes the game play more realistically for me. I also play every game on 8 min quarters with 10 for sim so our results will be different.

20/10 doesn't grow on trees...more dominant guards than big men in the NBA now...so those fast guards you named actually are more common than Hibbert, Cousins, LA, DH, etc. And lets not get athleticism and skill mixed up...guys like Bynum, Hibbert, Love, LA, Al Jefferson and Pau are more skilled in the post than Dwight Howard. Andre Miller, Kobe? If Dwight could only jump as high as Kevin Love is he still 18/12? What would Love average if he could jump like Dwight...?

I don't think anyone 6'10+ should be automatic inside, especially since I play in the post on D most of the time and I'm personally contesting every shot. Lowering the inside and close also fixed the stepback baseline fadeaway shot that always goes in, plus the auto scooping layup that never misses from guards. Just last time I played I was dominated inside by the Pacers with only Paul George and Stephenson being perimeter factors. Have also been destroyed by Bynum, Al Jefferson and Pau Gasol. So George Hill should just camp out at the 3pt line and never attack the rim against Jeff Teague or Lou Williams when I have a defensive lapse?

But I refuse to be cheesed on a contested Robin Lopez layup under the hoop against strong D from Al Horford just because it's an " efficient high percentage shot". Do you think there's more Roy Hibberts or Kwame Browns? How much more polished offensively is Drummond than Dwight was at this point? He's come a long way quickly but his ceiling is probably along the lines of Dwight Howard.

The CPU should have to work just like I do. Already boosted their Off Awareness over 80 and Def over 60. I'll give you that about Pero Antic...his tendencies were extreme. He has more than the 3 in his game although he does settle for alot. Editing Coach Profiles really makes a difference especially for teams like the Pacers too. Losing to the CPU doesn't feel cheesed like it used to.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #503
Just started!

Quote:

I'm french too. Maybe you can add me on facebook for explain your sliders and yours rosters because i'm very bad in english.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #504
Rookie

OVR: 10

JA Money14 first off I want to say thank you for these sliders...I have been playing this game since day one on next gen and these sliders are just amazing...now this game not only looks real, it feels real.

I'm using this on the PS4 with 12 minutes and you are right, I am getting good box scores.

Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »