Home

AI Running Plays & PIP

This is a discussion on AI Running Plays & PIP within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
AI Running Plays & PIP

Another year of NBA 2k and still some of the same problems linger. First of all I would like to say that this is the best 2k out of the box, easily. But once again the AI doesn't run plays often which results in a lot of ISO's and attacking the basket relentlessly. This is specially true once you bump the difficult to Superstar and up. My experimentation involved the Cavs(AI) vs Pelicans(me) in three different games with three different settings:

The first settings were custom sliders on Superstar, 12 minutes. Lowered the Attack the Basket slider for the CPU to 25 as suggested in JA Money14's slider set with default coach profile. The Cavs(AI) kept relentless trying to drive to the hoop on every possession, resulting in scoring 14 PIP out of their first 19 points. I was sitting at 4 PIP. Way too much.

The second settings that I tried I used the same settings except that I changed the coaching profile of the Cavs. I put Run Plays at 100, as well as Attack the Basket at 25. The result was again the Cavs attacking almost every possession, maybe a little less than the first try but still waaay too aggressive.

The third settings were based of out of the box Simulation sliders, but this time I changed Attack the Basket sliders to 0 both in general sliders and coach profiles. I changed the difficult to All-Star to see if that would help. What I found was that out of their first 16 points they only scored 4 in the paint. Although they still tried to attack the basket ocassionally, they were a lot less agressive and seemed to call plays more often although the sample size is way too small.

I realize that three incomplete games with the same teams isn't enough to suggest a huge change but I want to know what slider and roster makers have found. Have you noticed anything different patterns in terms of difficulty and these sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: AI Running Plays & PIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Another year of NBA 2k and still some of the same problems linger. First of all I would like to say that this is the best 2k out of the box, easily. But once again the AI doesn't run plays often which results in a lot of ISO's and attacking the basket relentlessly. This is specially true once you bump the difficult to Superstar and up. My experimentation involved the Cavs(AI) vs Pelicans(me) in three different games with three different settings:

The first settings were custom sliders on Superstar, 12 minutes. Lowered the Attack the Basket slider for the CPU to 25 as suggested in JA Money14's slider set with default coach profile. The Cavs(AI) kept relentless trying to drive to the hoop on every possession, resulting in scoring 14 PIP out of their first 19 points. I was sitting at 4 PIP. Way too much.

The second settings that I tried I used the same settings except that I changed the coaching profile of the Cavs. I put Run Plays at 100, as well as Attack the Basket at 25. The result was again the Cavs attacking almost every possession, maybe a little less than the first try but still waaay too aggressive.

The third settings were based of out of the box Simulation sliders, but this time I changed Attack the Basket sliders to 0 both in general sliders and coach profiles. I changed the difficult to All-Star to see if that would help. What I found was that out of their first 16 points they only scored 4 in the paint. Although they still tried to attack the basket ocassionally, they were a lot less agressive and seemed to call plays more often although the sample size is way too small.

I realize that three incomplete games with the same teams isn't enough to suggest a huge change but I want to know what slider and roster makers have found. Have you noticed anything different patterns in terms of difficulty and these sliders?
2k13 was the same, the game is hardcoded for the players to attack the basket. The higher you go in difficulty the more aggressive they.

I'd recommend setting attack the basket coach profile to 1, it worked pretty well in 2k13.

Runs plays seems to be working correctly, the closer you set to 100 the faster the A.I. calls a play.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

Souns good. I'll give that a try.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

Playing a fourth game with qpc123's suggestions and its turned out to be good, but I still think they are driving way too much. I'm going to try and increase the Mid Shot slider to an extreme 99 and see what happens.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:54 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Playing a fourth game with qpc123's suggestions and its turned out to be good, but I still think they are driving way too much. I'm going to try and increase the Mid Shot slider to an extreme 99 and see what happens.
Let me know how that turns out. I am actually running with Attack the Basket @ 10 right now, but I am also overhauling the individual player tendencies for Drive the Lane and Pull up(along with pretty much all the other ratings/tends.).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah I've noticed this as we'll, they attack relentlessly. My player cannot stay in front of the defender and my CPU teammates don't help out.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

Don't play against the Jazz. You'll see Trey Burke not running plays at all. I swear all it seemed like him and his teammates try to do was force the ball into the paint.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Don't play against the Jazz. You'll see Trey Burke not running plays at all. I swear all it seemed like him and his teammates try to do was force the ball into the paint.
Lol, yep. Burke took 28 shots versus me (12 min qtrs, all star). Not much of a "point guard"...more like Iverson!?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »