Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" All-Star Slider Set

Start screen credits to MillenniumTCK of NBA2kOrg

Xbox 360/PS3 Sliders

The first slider set is made for the Xbox 360's OS Sim Collab 'Swagged Out' roster (found HERE), and will most likely be incompatible with any other roster.

The second slider set is made for the Xbox 360's PJT05's Hardwood Hoops roster (found HERE), and should be compatible (with some slight tweaking) with the following rosters:

Xbox 360: Take That 2K13, 2013 Trifecta Roster Project, and the 2k default rosters (it may be compatible with others, so feel free to experiment for yourselves).

PS3: The absolute best roster on PS3 is Bedwardsroy19's Roster, and I have heard from multiple people that it is compatible with this set. So, seeing as I am not a PS3 user and therefore cannot test the sliders on any PS3 roster, I would recommend that you stick with Bed's roster as it is the best available option.

OS SiM Collab Roster: SwaGGed OUT - Slider Set *BETA*

Spoiler

*Other Rosters* - Latest Update: May 30th - Version 4.2

Spoiler

Pre-Patch Slider Set
Some of you may not have access to XBL or PSN, and therefore won't have access to a patch for the foreseeable future. Because of this, I made sure to keep my Pre-Patch slider set alive in the form of a blog post. To access my Pre-Patch slider, go to my blog post here:
NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" All-Star Slider Set (Pre-Patch)

PC Sliders (URB Specific)

Latest Update: February 14th
- Version 1.2.1

Spoiler

Any feedback is very much appreciated, as any help I can get expedites the fine-tuning process. However, be sure to keep the criticism as constructive and informative as possible. Try to point out what you are seeing too much of (ex. The AI attacks the basket too often), what you're not seeing enough of (ex. The AI does not go to the post often enough), etc.

Here's a simple resource I made to help depict what exactly "realistic stats" should look like:
NBA Stats to Replicate with Sliders

Feel free to give my thread 5 stars and "like" this post if you enjoy my set. It shows others that these are quality sliders, and it makes me feel a little warm inside, too.

Enjoy!

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 07-10-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

I got questions..

Durability 40/35?
Fatigue Rate 57 for both USER/CPU?

Tendencies *Only for CPU*

The user "go for on-ball steal" tendency is 40 on simulation sliders. Should I change that back to 50 or it remains as 40?

I will test your sliders when I get back home

Last edited by free24ride1; 10-28-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
I got questions..

Durability 40/35?
Fatigue Rate 57 for both USER/CPU?

Tendencies *Only for CPU*

The user "go for on-ball steal" tendency is 40 on simulation sliders. Should I change that back to 50 or it remains as 40?

I will test your sliders when I get back home
I don't believe I mentioned Durability. I am testing that slider, however, in hopes that it may fix the "lack of in-game injuries" bug so that Injury Frequency can stay at 50 (for Association game-simulation purposes).

Fatigue rate remains at it's default Simulation setting for both User and CPU.

And as for User tendencies, I didn't touch them at all. If I do in the future, the only ones I will change will be Go for On Ball Steals and Play Passing Lanes, but I'm not sure I'll need to do that.

Let me know how your testing goes!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #4
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

These are good. Already using something similar, and am getting some good games.

Curious...what the hell does the consistency slider do? It says something about players playing true to attributes.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Okay I played one game using your settings and sliders (used Cheat Engine to lock the sliders and settings) and this is what I noticed:

* The CPU was making more plays for the big men, passing to them if given an opportunity and the big men will play aggressively in the post, which is what I like.

*The game speed feels more fluid like you said

*The CPU is leaving me from the 3-point line most of the time or gives me enough space to shoot it from there. Maybe you can improve the on-ball defense for CPU?

*This has happened atleast 2-4 times in the game (not sure) but as soon as the CPU passes it to the PG from the inbounds, one of the CPU's teammates is open from half court and ends up a cherrypick for them, easy basket.

*The CPU's 3 point FG% was horrible in this game, only making 1/13, but this is only one game. Will post more.

*I think the slider needs to improve the defense, not much turnovers, steals and blocks on this one game, but the rest of the stats look good.

Like I said, this is only one game though, but this is what I noticed so far after playing a game with 12 minutes quarter. I will tell you more after a couple of games.

Last edited by free24ride1; 10-29-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Starting a game this very second with these. I'll post results.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
These are good. Already using something similar, and am getting some good games.

Curious...what the hell does the consistency slider do? It says something about players playing true to attributes.
That's basically what it does. Consistency effects the hot and cold streaks, so with Consistency at 0 you get cold/hot more easily, but also drop out of a streak quickly as well. At 100, you don't really get cold/hot, so players play more true to their attributes.

If you want a little more impact from hot/cold streaks for the AI, just lower the Consistency slider a little ways. Probably to around 75.
Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Okay I played one game using your settings and sliders (used Cheat Engine to lock the sliders and settings) and this is what I noticed:

* The CPU was making more plays for the big men, passing to them if given an opportunity and the big men will play aggressively in the post, which is what I like.

*The game speed feels more fluid like you said

*The CPU is leaving me from the 3-point line most of the time or gives me enough space to shoot it from there. Maybe you can improve the on-ball defense for CPU?

I started to notice that as well. I'm sure raising on-ball D would fix this. I'll take a look and get back to you.

*This has happened atleast 2-4 times in the game (not sure) but as soon as the CPU passes it to the PG from the inbounds, one of the CPU's teammates is open from half court and ends up a cherrypick for them, easy basket.

Strangely, I've never seen this, and I'm not quite sure what sliders would get rid of this problem.

*The CPU's 3 point FG% was horrible in this game, only making 1/13, but this is only one game. Will post more.

I've noticed that the AI does seem to struggle from 3 in some games, but in others it seems like they can't miss. If this continues to be a problem, bump the AI 3PT Shot Success up to 49 or 50.

*I think the slider needs to improve the defense, not much turnovers, steals and blocks on this one game, but the rest of the stats look good.

If you continue to see a lack of blocks and steals, bump up the AI tendencies "Go for On Ball Steals" and "Contest Shots" to 50 and 100, respectively. Also try bumping up the AI "Hands" attribute to 40 and see how that plays for you.

Like I said, this is only one game though, but this is what I noticed so far after playing a game with 12 minutes quarter. I will tell you more after a couple of games.

My response is in your quote.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:59 AM   #8
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

New update! My sliders are now at the BETA stage, so I am getting closer to a final release!

In this update, I add in all sliders, regardless of whether they are altered from the default Simulation setting, to make the sliders easier to read and input.

Also in this update, I add in a new Coaching Profile edit for the Fastbreak setting! By using the scale I provide, you should see a dramatic improvement in the way the AI carries out the fast break. Teams that run still run, and teams that don't keep it slow, but now both will make decisions based on what the transition defense gives them. If you stop the ball-handler, this will usually result in the AI pulling back and setting up their offense. However, if you leave an open lane or the AI has numbers, you will still be punished.

Let me know your thoughts on the update!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »