Home

NBA Stats to Replicate with Sliders

This is a discussion on NBA Stats to Replicate with Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
NBA Stats to Replicate with Sliders

To help out all of the slider (and roster) makers, I decided to go through and look up the average team stats over the last two seasons. This should help put some true science behind the hot term "realistic stats", which seems to be the one thing that everyone hopes their sliders and rosters will manufacture. And, for ease of use, I have configured the chart so that it reflects the "Team Stats" page in NBA 2k13.

A quick key to the chart:
-The "Best" column shows the average of the league leading teams in the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 seasons.
-The "Average" column shows the average for the entire league in the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 seasons.
-"NA" means that I either could not find reliable statistics on the category, or that I just didn't think it mattered enough to include in the chart.
-The two teams were just me having a little fun

I hope this helps everyone narrow down the "realistic stats" they hope to replicate in NBA 2k13. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NBA Team Stats.jpg (109.5 KB, 3951 views)

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 10-14-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Stats to Replicate with Sliders

either im dumb and not getting it or you mistook and posted different image ? anyway, would love to know those averages
Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yastru
either im dumb and not getting it or you mistook and posted different image ? anyway, would love to know those averages
Well on my screen, the image I posted has all the averages, and the two "teams" were depicted as the Average Joes (representing the Average stats), and the Purple Cobras (representing the Best stats).

I left out all %s as they really speak for themselves and therefore don't really need to be researched and documented. All the other stats should be there correctly though.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
Rookie

ah ah, got it now. was dumb, good to know
Old 10-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
ah ah, got it now. was dumb, good to know
No problem. Glad I could help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
Rookie

btw, 3 point category, is it made or taken ?

for comparison, my last game.

fg attempts are major discrepancy but i dont see a viable way to lower them much and still get realistical-ish stats , its the game afterall, not the real thing. but for now, this game above is the most i came to real thing, gameplay and stats wise.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
btw, 3 point category, is it made or taken ?

for comparison, my last game.

fg attempts are major discrepancy but i dont see a viable way to lower them much and still get realistical-ish stats , its the game afterall, not the real thing. but for now, this game above is the most i came to real thing, gameplay and stats wise.
The 3pt category is TAKEN, not made or percentage. I'll update the "Key" in the OP to help eliminate confusion.

As for the field goal's taken, the problem showing in your stats is that neither team shot enough free throws. Neither team committed a "normal" amount of fouls, so there weren't many shooting fouls (which take away from field goals counting in the stats, but don't take away from points scored).

Clean games foul-wise do happen, and games with a crazy amount of FGs taken ALSO happen. However, if it these stats become a trend, try bumping up your foul sliders across the board.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
Rookie

yeah, exceptions make the rule.

allready noticed lack of free throws, just not so in this new set of sliders im trying, but i had in plan to increase fouls. good to see my suspicions confirmed

overall, great to have this here for checking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »