Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Wizards vs. Raptors

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Wizards vs. Raptors within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #89
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K9 Video: Wizards vs. Raptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I swear some people act like NBA 2k was just a placeholder until NBA Live got good/playable again. NBA 2k has consistantly been a good solid game, yet it needs an overhaul(some areas it does). EA makes Live playable after all these years, now all of a sudden its the better game. SMH .
I haven't seen one person say that Live is the better game, nor have I seen anyone say it needs an 'overhaul', although like you said in some areas it does. 2K is still the better game, 2 years ahead of Live IMO, but they still have a ways to go before its a complete NBA sim.

Where is this revamped commentary?? TV-like presentation? Why do all teams play the same, and have since 2k6 (again, when "sig style" was invented)? Why is the A.I. still bad?

I've played 2K since 2K4, but this was the first year that based on the gameplay videos, I was checking out the competition. 2K could blow Live out of the water, they just choose not to. Either that or they really don't have good direction over there.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #90
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
What SPECIFIC areas are you referring to Blues?

Also remember it is easier to see Live's improvements than it would be to see 2K's improvements
its all about the elbows dude...its always been about the elbows
Old 09-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #91
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
This was a great video imo. Nice to see the CPU taking shots off the dribble. One thing I did notice was right at the end when subs came in while Arenas was shooting FTs, they subbed in Daniels and moved Arenas to the 2. Previously in 2k8, if you wanted the guy shooting FTs to change position when you sub, you would have to wait until the next dead ball and often get stuck with odd lineups due to all your subs not coming in.

Great observation. Glad they fixed that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #92
MVP

Parasight's Arena

OVR: 12

My Raptors! Thanks a bunch Steve!

- They updated the center court logo (but not to the LATEST one)
- The Raptor mascot got his jersey updated!
- The "Let's Go Raptors!" chant sounds beautiful, true to life (if this gets an intensity upgrade in post-season, I'll be ecstatic)
- I was about to jump out of my seat when I saw Moon almost get that fastbreak cleanly
- Calderon/Bosh pick-and-roll looked clean as hell
- The alley-oop was sweet
- The tempo was PERFECT. CPU didn't hold the ball like a moron and jack @ the end of the clock.
- Butler looks amazing!

Last edited by Parasight; 09-23-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #93
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
I haven't seen one person say that Live is the better game, nor have I seen anyone say it needs an 'overhaul', although like you said in some areas it does.
Well if your frequency of posts correlate to how often you frequent this forum then I believe you.

Anyway, also notice how early in the vid Jamario Moon is matched up on Gilbert Arenas with Calderon near by. Instead of the mismatch staying present or Moon running across the court to his man, he passes Arenas off to Calderon and just takes Haywood (even though Moon is a SF and Haywood is a C). That's a good thing to see that the CPU is smarter when addressing the mismatches.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 09-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #94
MVP

It's harder to notice 2K's improvements because the improvements are not drastic, or haven't been improved at all. It's not like 2K is so close to perfection that they just can't improve it, but I really believe the people at 2K think that.

For one, they honestly must believe the commentary is good, because they literally just took the formula they have been using, and "tightened" it up, to sound even more robotic and stale. You have to question the direction they are going in.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #95
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Where is this revamped commentary?? TV-like presentation? Why do all teams play the same, and have since 2k6 (again, when "sig style" was invented)? Why is the A.I. still bad?

I've played 2K since 2K4, but this was the first year that based on the gameplay videos, I was checking out the competition. 2K could blow Live out of the water, they just choose not to. Either that or they really don't have good direction over there.

Are you watching the videos? That doesnt look like TV-Style Presentation to you? They have replays at timeouts and deadballs, they have player info during FTs and end of game highlights. What more do you want?

That commentary complaint is just a nitpick. As Ive said before 98% of sports games have subpar commentary. Its almost impossible for commentary not to get stale. I love th Show's commentary and that gets old after about 3 mos.

I wont even respond to the bad A.I comment. Thats just ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #96
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Well if your frequency of posts correlate to how often you frequent this forum then I believe you.
I meant in the context of this thread and the few threads lately that have had posts containing a breakdown of gameplay videos. Most who have criticisms of 2K and reference Live as making strides still believe that 2K is the better game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »