Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Heat vs. Blazers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Heat vs. Blazers within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can you do Memphis Grizzlies? I want to see some gameplay from OJ MAYO! Please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 06:53 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K9 Video: Heat vs. Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpEeRuHmEnT
I'm going to have to stop watching these videos bcuz i'm really starting to lose interest in this game. That game right there was almost identical 2 NBA 2k8 except for the couple of animations and Michael Beasley
I agree with you,I'm already getting tired of this game and I don't even have it yet. The videos look and sound like 2k8 in my opinion. While it may feel different from 2k8, I think it will get old really fast. Don't get me wrong, the graphics and presentation have improved a lot, but it doesn't stick out as much from a gameplay perspective.

Besides, what is there to do in this game anyway? I noticed that this game has no features besides Association 2.0 and OTP. I think association is overrated anyway because all it is is headlines with an NBA.com interface. This game will probably only be fun to play against other people. That's good and all, but I want a game that's fun to play by myself and with other people. From the looks of it, Live is that game.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #43
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB23
I agree with you,I'm already getting tired of this game and I don't even have it yet. The videos look and sound like 2k8 in my opinion. While it may feel different from 2k8, I think it will get old really fast. Don't get me wrong, the graphics and presentation have improved a lot, but it doesn't stick out as much from a gameplay perspective.

Besides, what is there to do in this game anyway? I noticed that this game has no features besides Association 2.0 and OTP. I think association is overrated anyway because all it is is headlines with an NBA.com interface. This game will probably only be fun to play against other people. That's good and all, but I want a game that's fun to play by myself and with other people. From the looks of it, Live is that game.

I was kinda agreeing with you until your last statement. NBA 2k9 has two major major advantages that Live cant compete with when it comes to single player gameplay.

1. Core Gameplay
Both games have poor ratings and default sliders that need work. Both games have a bunch of sliders to tweak. NBA 2k9 is still the game where you can dive on the floor, into the crowed. It still has better core AI, better collision animations, better ball physics, better shooting and in most cases dribbling animations. With the splitting of double teams and the improved AI the core gameplay looks better than CH 2k8 and CH 2k8 was one of the best sports games I have ever played.

2. File Share
With fileshare the best sliders and sensibly rated rosters with updates and everything are right there. Now you have accurate tendencies, ratings, and sliders. The top rated rosters and sliders will be better than anything the hired devs could come up with.

These are the main two reasons why CH 2k8 isnt old. I still play it. I might be playing it this time next year.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

Looks like the catch up AI defense is back in the game........ i hope im wrong. 2K just doesn't seem to get the fast breaks right.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #45
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan
Looks like the catch up AI defense is back in the game........ i hope im wrong. 2K just doesn't seem to get the fast breaks right.
If they are a little off it will make up for making big men too slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

At the 2:42 mark, it looks like Chalmers is a created character....
Old 09-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

the Wade tumble was nice
Old 09-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 19

Oden=dunk not layup
B-Roy=need to handle the ball more
Bayless=bench...He will not be the starter.
Aldridge=perimeter shots only saw 1

This aint Blazer bball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »