Home

THE COMPUTER MAKES EVERY SHOT!!?

This is a discussion on THE COMPUTER MAKES EVERY SHOT!!? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: THE COMPUTER MAKES EVERY SHOT!!?

Play on Pro. Seriously, it's not too easy. Players don't make every shot imaginable and the stars still shine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #26
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

People are letting their ego get in the way of a good experience imo. Who cares if you played last years on HOF this year papa's got a brand new bag of tricks so you SHOULD have to drop the difficulty untill you improve your play. We all scream that we want smart AI that reads our weaknesses and adapts and when we get it suddenly IT'S TOO HARD?

Much prefer it this way than the other way where it's too easy and there is no challenge after a week worth of play.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #27
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

after playing a few games tonight i've found that you can play much better defense by using the d-lock feature early and often. i used it almost constantly, shading to one side or another, playing tight on shooters, backing off guys that can't shoot, etc.

i was able to play pretty good d, none of this 80% shooting stuff lol.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

personally i find that not using the d-lock is good for me. I just started an association with the kings on all-star and we are 2-5. So far, our only Ws are against Timberwolves and the Grizzlies. Superstars dominate now. You really have to play 5-on-5 defense now. No more 1-on-1. I like the challenge of playing on All-star mode. My first two games i got blown out, but when i tried to stop making stupid mistakes and i ran some plays, i started to see the difference in my team's performance. Find out who your stars are and their tendencies, no stupid mistakes, and play 5-on-5 D.

My 2 cents.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:04 AM   #29
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I'm not going to quote any posts, but you guys seriously need to watch the CPU play defense. I just held the Spurs to the low forties or high thirties in shooting % this morning. No doubt, there will be some slider changes needed, but this is not 2k8. The AI guys at 2k are doing a lot of things to make sure that the same strategies don't work anymore.

Think about it...players actually shoot off of the dribble now, and Superstars(in my experience) are really aggressive this year. Last year they basically either passed it for a late clock jumper or ran a back door lead pass move on you. Your defense has to be active, alert and aggressive. You can't just lock on to the PG for most of a play, switch with the ball movement and tap Y to contest. You have to interrupt cuts, push the post player out of position early, bring help from the weakest shooters and shade Superstars towards the help.
Please post a video because all of that sounds like your casting magic spells. There is simply no way of stopping Steve Nash from going 7-8 from behind the arc in the first half all with a hand in his face.

One annoyance i have is how high your stars will jump for a dunk or rebound but to contest a shot they barely get off the ground. That and while using player lock your cpu team mates will sometimes not even jump to contest a shot.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:08 AM   #30
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
after playing a few games tonight i've found that you can play much better defense by using the d-lock feature early and often. i used it almost constantly, shading to one side or another, playing tight on shooters, backing off guys that can't shoot, etc.

i was able to play pretty good d, none of this 80% shooting stuff lol.
Everyone in this game can knock down the J if even given a virtual inch of daylight...even Shaq has done this to me.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:30 AM   #31
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Pennic, what level are you playing on?

For proof I'm not BSing, check the gamertag under my avatar. You should see that I've already got the low FG% achievement. I'm not perfect at defense yet, but I definitely have enough stretches to tell me that great defense is achievable. The only thing that really bothers me is unskilled post players making shots that only skilled post players can make.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 01:51 AM   #32
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapboY
it's not really impossible to stop the cpu from making shots, you just have to work a lot harder.. and it can be frustrating at times because you really do ahve to work hard both on offense adn defense..

adjust the sliders more if you really can't get the hang of it..
I agree with everything except adjusting sliders...yes its tough but i play on HOF and i am 4 - 4...Game is a very good challenge

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »