Home

This is how you stop the extreme Cutting, and Magic liek accurate passes and PIP

This is a discussion on This is how you stop the extreme Cutting, and Magic liek accurate passes and PIP within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
This is how you stop the extreme Cutting, and Magic liek accurate passes and PIP

Warning, Before you read this and comment, take ntoe that this requires editing of player ratings and tendencies. If you are nto comfortable doing this (or are just going to complain about the fact that you HAVE to do it... dont bother wasting every ones time posting in the thread...

I posted this in another thread but im making it a thread of its own so we can talk about te issue at hand. and maybe add to rashidis work, or vice vesa

The issue with the over inflated pg assit numbers and cuttign to the basket and Magical passes from players who wouldnt normal do it, is this... (and ive tested it) the Offensive Awareness and passing ratings for everyone are way too high, which leads to guys who in real life instances probably wouldnt make those passes, make the passes, and makes those guys cut when theres not really a lane to cut.

Lower those two ratings (Start at 50, and go up in increments from there based on personell) and you will see marked improvements... for instance (derek fisher should probably be a 50 at passing, and if the high men in the league (The all stars) Awareness ratings cap out at say 90... then fisher would fall in the lower 50'-60's for Awareness. (just make a scale)

and no. you cant just change the slider, because all the sldier does is globally take everyone down, so youll get instances where Jason Kidd would probably make that pass.. or a smart offensive player probably would cut (versus someone liek DJ Mbenga).. and they dont do it, and there needs to be a difference between the players who can actually make that pass, (accurately), versus someone who cant.

Again, I've tested this and it works, but its just stupid that we have to even go thru these advanced ratings edits to stop the game from doing foolishness...

Lets discuss this like adults

Last edited by GSW; 10-13-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: This is How you top the extreme Cutting, and Magic liek accurate passes and PIP

There is a problem with that, though. What stops the online game from also having this?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #3
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

Re: This is How you top the extreme Cutting, and Magic liek accurate passes and PIP

Obviously this is for offline play until the Insider joins Os and sees how WE are fixing the game.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
There is a problem with that, though. What stops the online game from also having this?
Play people who play SIM and hope a patch for the inside scoring..
Old 10-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

The online game isn't a problem, as your teammates on defense doesn't seem to be as ******** when someone lead passes in front of them. Only against the A.I. ... hmm I suspect something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
The online game isn't a problem, as your teammates on defense doesn't seem to be as ******** when someone lead passes in front of them. Only against the A.I. ... hmm I suspect something else.
trust me man (seriously not trying to sound concieted).

This is the Issue.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: This is how you stop the extreme Cutting, and Magic liek accurate passes and PIP

I feel for online sim oriented players, because they aren't going to get the best this game has to offer. I know people wish that default would play more realistically, but that just isn't how it is, and may never be.

GSW is spot on though. As I mentioned in every thread I am redoing the ratings and tendencies of every player on every team. They are so many that are ridiculously bad, especially the tendencies.

That along with a few slider adjustments and I'm not having major issue with this. Yes its a lot of work, but to me it is well worth it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: This is how you stop the extreme Cutting, and Magic liek accurate passes and PIP

Yeah, I am not going to sit around and re-rate every player. I surely am not going to do that everytime I download a roster update.

Hopefully 2k will edit these ratings in upcoming roster updates to accommodate us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »