Home

Need strategies for getting a good look from the 3 pt line

This is a discussion on Need strategies for getting a good look from the 3 pt line within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Post Need strategies for getting a good look from the 3 pt line

I'm in a Knicks association and have about 5 great three point shooters. Fantastic right? Well I have problems getting them open for three. The CPU usually traps the screen and their players generally close out pretty fast on my shooters (I'm not going to even mention their speed when it comes to catching up on the fast break).

I play on All Star level and I usually have good games with them, but with the three point shooters that I have, I want to play a perimeter based offense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Need strategies for getting a good look from the 3 pt line

It is hard to open up outside shots because the defense doesn't collapse like teams do in real life. The best way to open up shots is to force a double team in the post. Go to Randolph or Curry early in the game then they will start to double team.

There are some plays that will open up three point shots. I use motown music (PG/SF pick n pop up top), drive and dish (I think that is the name) and also some of the box plays with two curl/fade screens.

Also the lead pass is the key to getting players to fade to the three point line. good luck!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Like J.R. Locke said, force the double teams.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

I get off about 20-30 a game. I run plays that get my shooting guard/small forward an open shot. SG Corner is a good one, also, drive and dish (above post had it) is a good one. You have to run plays, and it seems to me that when I do my shooting percentage is better. It might not be, but it seems like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
It is hard to open up outside shots because the defense doesn't collapse like teams do in real life. The best way to open up shots is to force a double team in the post. Go to Randolph or Curry early in the game then they will start to double team.

There are some plays that will open up three point shots. I use motown music (PG/SF pick n pop up top), drive and dish (I think that is the name) and also some of the box plays with two curl/fade screens.

Also the lead pass is the key to getting players to fade to the three point line. good luck!
Is lead pass just holding down the pass button? I wish they had implemented the system that was used in College Hoops where u could tell your player to throw lobs, bounce passes, chest passes etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »