Home

XBOX 360: My graphics don't look like HD

This is a discussion on XBOX 360: My graphics don't look like HD within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2009, 04:50 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: XBOX 360: My graphics don't look like HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Turn your SHARPNESS all the way down to 0 homie that should help
true... thats why i said check out AVforums. for HD input, the sharpness has to be at 0.

my tv (samsung) came out of the box completely ****ed up setting-wise. used the calibration guide found on the net and now its looking awesome.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for helping, guys!
Well, if I turn off any postprocessing feature and lower the sharpness to 0 it DOES look better but it's still ways from the quality seen in the thread I've linked to. In any game mode there are still noticeable jaggies along the benches and other background features. If I zoom in like they did in the mentioned post I still have visible jaggies along the player models. Maybe that's the point where the expectations really get too high? Perhaps they photoshopped those pictures and didn't tell
Old 03-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 14

you will always see jaggies if you sit too close or zoom in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #12
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

A lot depends on the TV too. I've got a friend who has an expensive Sony and no matter what he does you see a lot more jaggies than on my LG. I think some of the quality of that guy's picture is just having a TV that does quality smoothing. I'll try to take pictures of mine and post them.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:15 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

idk if this will help you out if any now but i found this on another site..it help my 19in that i have running in 720p..you can give it a shot
http://www.flat-screen-tv-guide.com/how-to.html

Xbox Live - SaveUs D2J
Old 04-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 16

it's probably the tv...
Old 04-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceZeroz
idk if this will help you out if any now but i found this on another site..it help my 19in that i have running in 720p..you can give it a shot
http://www.flat-screen-tv-guide.com/how-to.html
Man I don't know about that link. Supposed somebody decides to use the Matrix as their source to follow the directions that guy gives. If they try to adjust facial tones using the Matrix they'll completely screw up every thing else except Matrix like material. Other than that it's a passable layman's guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_capone
it's probably the tv...
You may be right but not for the reason you think you're right.
The better the TV the more it will show up flaws in the source material. Notice the guy said his LG "looks" better than his friend's Sony. Reason being is the LG is probably not truly reproducing the source material as faithfully as the Sony.

It's a tricky business with these HD tvs. But the fact that you see jaggies is not fault of the TV rather it's a fault of the game. NHL 2K5 or 6 was a perfect example to prove that it wasn't the TV's fault but rather the game/system. The ice looked like a photorealistic rink. I mean it looked REAL real so that proves the TV is well capable of producing a very good image but the players looked damn near straight outta NES. Horrible jaggies. The two looked completely out of place with each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 16

well i have played in hd on several different hd tvs, several different games... and never did it seem as if it was standard, u could always tell it's hd...

he said fight night is the only game that looks hd, well fight night looks hd on a standard tv...

that's why im saying maybe its the tv because it does not seem like he is playing on a truly high def tv...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »