Home

contract re-negotiations

This is a discussion on contract re-negotiations within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #9
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: contract re-negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
huh? is this a common bug? was it just the one guy playing for free, or did it actually mess up the contracts of the other players on your team?[/
It's a common bug with contract extensions. The last year of an extension is either listed at 0 dollars or erased completely when you finalize the contract.

Contracts weren't done well this year IMO. Too large, bugs with the salary cap/CPU salary management/Contract extensions just take away from the otherwise fantastic Association.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
huh? is this a common bug? was it just the one guy playing for free, or did it actually mess up the contracts of the other players on your team?
I renegotiated with like half my team that year so the next year I was only paying half my team and I had somewhere around 60 mil in cap space so I was able to go out and get Lebron James and Dwight Howard.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
also, thanks to everyone for the info. but i was wondering if a guy will ask for more later in the regular season. so will there be a difference if i re-negotiate in november versus if i re-negotiate in march.
I've never noticed a change in that regard. It should be the same amount all season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

cool...thanks.

and i guess an easy fix to the re-negotiated contracts would be to go in an edit the contract? does that seem to fix the problem?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:24 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

When you go in and edit the contract the players don't take notice to the changes. You can give them the minimum salary and their response to you won't change.

Say a guy is on his final year and you go in and edit in a few more; if you go to that player's profile they will still say "I want a new contract" or "I'm thinking about testing free agency when my contract is up" or whatever.

It kinda messes up the game in that regard. But I went in and paid players less and gave them shorter contracts if I knew I didn't want them much longer. And some players want way more than what you feel they are worth so its nice to be able to do that I think.

I had a Bulls franchise and really wanted Tyrus Thomas and Derek Rose to stay on the team for their careers. Well no matter what I did Tyrus would say he wants to be a free agent. And everytime I would try to get him back off free agency he would simply go to another team anyway. Well I edited in 6 years to his contract and he was still saying that stuff so I just ignored it lol.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:31 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

hmm...so just dont re-negotiate mid-season then i guess, right?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #15
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
cool...thanks.

and i guess an easy fix to the re-negotiated contracts would be to go in an edit the contract? does that seem to fix the problem?
This is a pretty good idea. Never thought about it before.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »