Home

Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq)

sounds like the developers are too lazy to fix the draft classes themselves, so theyre having us pay to do the work ourselves?

im also surprised that more people havent expressed concern over how this will just contribute to the problem of rookies being rated too high/players progressing too fast. a lot of people dont use development in 2k9 because they feel it causes players to cheaply progress. seems to me this would be exactly the same thing.

they need to just fix the draft classes. allowing us to micromanage the incoming players training really detracts from the realism. an NBA coach or GM has no control over an incoming players abilities. all they can do is scout what is given to them. they cant decide on what is given to them. personally, if this rumor IS true (which i kind of doubt), i would never consider using it, even if its free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 05:41 AM   #26
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice
Didn't they charge for reel maker a few years ago?
yes they did then the next year Reel Maker was free...lol
Old 07-08-2009, 06:38 AM   #27
stewaat

OVR:

I'm interested in hearing more...

$5-$10 range and I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger if it's decent.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #28
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't know really. If the only improvement we have gotten to the draft process in the past five years is through dlc, I wouldn't be too happy about it as a diehard Association guy.

I don't agree with comparing this dlc to 365 because if you got the game new, 365 came with it. If this rumour is true, the only way to get this mode is by paying extra.

At least 2K has some time to clear this up.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
this is pretty much what I thought. if it's anything, it's a rookie editor that allows you to customize and test out each rookie pool and then add them to the game. who knows how robust it is, but I'm positive it's not just a bunch of training drills.
hopefully it will not just be all drills...they can make it like a summer league.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Old 07-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #30
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Whats next NBA Bigs... Just make a quality NBA game before these other gimmicks.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #31
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai-O
I don't agree with comparing this dlc to 365 because if you got the game new, 365 came with it. If this rumour is true, the only way to get this mode is by paying extra.

You missed the point, and I typed it in my first response. The point was, although DNA was a great feature, it wasn't essential to have, meaning that it didn't effect the functionality of the actual game, and neither will this; this is something (if true) for those who value the draft more than others. This would have absolutely no impact on you, if you decided that its best that you not get it. Its not as if this is a shooter where they've added new maps via DLC, and if you don't buy those maps, you can't join in on certain matches. This is the very definition of something extra when it comes to a video game. I don't agree with the source either who says this is opening up a "dangerous door" (I think that comment set the tone for this thread), I'm sorry but this isn't anything new; people have been paying for DLC, PSN/XBLA add-ons for quite some time now, and if it doesn't interest you, don't think twice about getting it, and just enjoy the game itself.

This situation is similar to the one where people complained about the limited edition NBA 2K10 as if they were being forced to get that version..... Well atleast when that story got out, it was factual; its obvious that this "source" is a little out of the loop when it comes to this story. I will say that I do think its something to it however, without delving any further into the inevitable spectulation that will ensue in this thread...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #32
MVP

Kully's Arena

I missed the point, thanks for clearing it up.

The main issue I have with this rumour is that if this is a new mode, or an addition to the Association's draft process, I would like for it be included with the game and not a separate DLC. The reason behind it is simple: the draft process in NBA 2K games is severely thin without this mode, and adding an improvement like this, but charging extra for it would hurt.

Of course it's speculating at this point because we don't know what the features in 2K10 will be, but another year of a weak drafting process would not be favourable.

Last edited by Kully; 07-08-2009 at 09:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »