Home

Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Rumor: 2K Sports Prepping NBA 2K10: Draft Combine For XBLA/PSN (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
They learned the next year by getting someone to "sponsor" it for use. Just wait and see. If it's not your cup of tea, then just hold out on downloading it.
its not a matter of holding out on downloading it - its a matter of principle. Are we close to the days where we have to pay for roster updates? Patches? Tickers at the bottom of the screen? Once a flood gate like this is opening, it won't stop. Before we know it, we'll be coughing up $100+ for a game that should be priced at the maximum $60
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #58
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
its not a matter of holding out on downloading it - its a matter of principle. Are we close to the days where we have to pay for roster updates? Patches? Tickers at the bottom of the screen? Once a flood gate like this is opening, it won't stop. Before we know it, we'll be coughing up $100+ for a game that should be priced at the maximum $60
Know the best way to tell the developer to shove it, HOLD YOUR MONEY!! Don't buy the crap. I'm sure that roster updates won't be charged. We won't get charged for tickers. Patches either. We're in a day and age where the consumer is more sensible with their cash flow. I won't go defending 2K because I'm not them. I'm very wise enough to know that they're not THAT dumb. In all honesty, they're tweaking gameplay, updating rosters, fooling a little with adding/subtracting in the Association, and adding a few bells and whistles. This rumored add-on is honestly not taking away from the game. It's a take it or leave it. I'll leave it alone until I see a reason to add more cash to my account. If it's what I think it is, then I'm all for it.

Heck, I'm still waiting for a Head Coach NBA title from either company to go alongside my NBA game with cross-compatibility and extensive options. I'd pay a pretty penny for that. I want to have the depth. As long as they're not taking away from the experience so far, then I'm a fan. My supporting them with this add-on would be my admission that I'd pay more for more of a all-around game that I feel they're lacking. I'd support a few more developers to sit around and put out some nice codes for me to feel a few more hours of gameplay. Of course, it's not out yet so I'll hold my final judgment. I'm still geeked about the possibilities though.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:38 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 9

I call bull****
Old 07-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #60
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

I show my disdain for gouging by not buying it.

And that DLC = NCAA is a horrid comparison. Impressive that it got a co-sign.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7

First thing; look again at the title of this thread and say out loud the words. "RU-MOR, RUMOR" Secondly, if this rumor does become fact and is correct in it's allegations then you do not have to buy it! It will be something that the hardcore gamers and NBA fans could buy to increase their enjoyment. I have heard people complain about 2k doing this solely for the money... everything they do is for the money!!

Personally I would use this feature because after a while a sports game can become boring, and also because I am a hardcore sim gamer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 03:57 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 17

i think this is a way for 2k to get a vibe on this feature...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »