Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10, NBA Today

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10, NBA Today within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10, NBA Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
The icing on the cake would be a daily around the league highlight show.....
AGREED! This is a must.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #82
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Sounds promising for sure, but I've been burned before. Hope it's as good as it sounds -- from that initial GameSpot article, he mentioned the commentary right away, so maybe it is that improved (and theoretically will get better as the season goes along).
Old 08-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #83
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
I don't want to sound like a fanboy (which I'm not) but I'm not sold on this.

I think it's great that they made this upgrade on commentary, it will add more authenticity but IMO at the end of the day it will still be frustrating.

Even if we hear at the beginning of each game "the leader in assist is PAUL/DERON/NASH" "KOBE/LEBRON/DURANT still lead the league in points and shot attempt"."Happy Thanksgiving and welcome to 2k Sports for this matchup between..." "The Raptors are one win away of securing a spot for the 8th seed in the East, what do you think Kenny?"

I mean commentary in a video game will never approach the variety of real life broadcast, so my expectations are pretty low on NBA Today but I hope they'll prove me wrong.
It wasnt such a bad thing at all, actually kinda cool back when ID implemented it in its games in 03-04...but the commentators were different too, and although the lines got repetetive later on they didnt always stick to a script, or they'd laugh talking about other things during gameplay or whatever... we'll just have to see.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #84
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

This doesnt really interest me at all.

maybe it was the way it was described though.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #85
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I think people are running wild with their imaginations. Temper your expectations people. If its anything like the commentary ID had, I will be satisfied.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #86
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think people are running wild with their imaginations. Temper your expectations people. If its anything like the commentary ID had, I will be satisfied.
Co-sign.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 30
Uhh, hmm....Actually, and this is no hate toward 2K, the guys at EA already talked about using 365, over a month or so ago, to do the same thing but even then I was still not sure how I felt about it. I like the idea of getting updated commentary as the season goes on but I want the commentary to reflect more of what's going on in MY NBA season NOT what's happening in the actual NBA Season.
Now, if there is a hub that keeps updating with current info that pertains to the actual NBA season that you can access, then fine. Actual in-2K/Live commentary updating with real world facts, in "real time", I dunno about that part.
We'll see who pulls this off best but either way, I am interested but 2K needs to talk more about fixing it's issues as they are seeming to turn into EA of old by pouring more syrup on ish. That DON'T make it pancakes, as the immortal Samuel L. Jackson once said in Juice. Ha....
Old 08-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #88
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

This is revolutionary! The Live 10 devs must be literally stunned now that VC has taken commentary a truly unique and dynamic plateau. This must have been the feeling when Live caught VC flat footed with the synergy technology last year. I just hope the commentary concerning the real time stats and overlays arent robotic sounding when mixed in with the pre-programmed free wheeling commentary.

Signed...
VC/2K Fanboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »