Home

NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10, NBA Today

This is a discussion on NBA Developer Insights: NBA 2K10, NBA Today within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: 3rd Developer Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
I'm still a bit skeptical...I wonder how seemless this will all sound...man now I want vids with audio....dynamic commentary is just unbelievable lol
true. I'm the same way lol.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 16

how come they didnt explain how they could accomplish this? seems not possible
Old 08-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #35
Supporter

OVR: 22

Now I can start to anticipate this game as its starting to take shape a bit. It was a lot to like in that blog, but this that I bold really stood out to me.

Quote:
The commentators now have the knowledge of what’s happening league-wide and will reference the most up-to-date information possible in their conversations. But it’s not just all talk, a lot of the topics, the commentary team will talk about, have overlays that coincide with their analysis. During the season, they’ll catch you up on who’s leading the league and how teams are ranked in various stat categories, check out a team’s upcoming schedule and even do a promo spot for an upcoming game. If it’s a holiday, as you may have seen in previous screens, that isn’t going to be ignored; the game will present the holiday in overlays and commentary. As the playoffs are approaching you’ll get the east/west conference standings and once the post season starts, you’ll get playoffs and finals screen wipes. The commentary and presentation will constantly be changing throughout the season to coincide with the real league and transition from pre-season to regular season and finally to the postseason.
You can never have enough stat overlays in the game. Its one of those "little" things, that fans have appreciated for quite some time, but it hasn't been done quite to the extent that it could be done. Having overlays to coincide with the commentary, then have the commentators delve deeper into the statistics that showed up on the overlays (rather it be road trips, injuries, individual performance from previous game etc), makes this sound like commentary has finally took that "next level" step. They've promised new commentary in the past, but never to this extent, and never with this type of detail and excitement. Then you add to the fact, that the commentators are no longer locked into their lines when something big happens..........

As I've said, now that anticipation is building with me, slowly but surely.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

2k must've created a lot of scenarios for kevin and clark to read lol
Old 08-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #37
Rookie

akiracy's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
how come they didnt explain how they could accomplish this? seems not possible
mike wang did all this before he left
Old 08-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #38
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Sounds amazing.

Now I need some vids of this, aww man what a wait it's going to be.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #39
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Jeez this is the first time that I'm actually looking forward to listening rather than seeing gameplay....this is like a mind f right here...I really wasn't expecting much in the commentary department but this is a very nice surprise...if they pull it off...

Hmm the guy who did the insight chaudri? The name sounds familiar...I could've sworn he posted in the choops forums as one of the devs....
Old 08-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #40
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

rumble 2k rumble.... Hot !!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »