Home

Association Question?

This is a discussion on Association Question? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Association Question?

Hey OS members,
How can I get less players to play the full season across the league? If you sim a season a large number of players are playing the full 82 games. Do i bump the injury slider in game slider or the do i change it within the player slider. I would love to see more bench players stepping up and becoming stars themselves.

Thanks for any help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Association Question?

I'm not entirely sure, but I would think it would be better to adjust the individual player injury rating. My guess would be that the injury slider under options would only affect user games. Its a good question though.

You may also wish to look at the injury severity slider. I'm pretty sure that there is a separate slider for that. If it effects cpu simmed games (which I doubt) it would result in players playing through injuries less often.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
Rookie

Will fatigue cause AI controlled teams to sit some players and give them a DNP coach's decision during the season?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
Rookie

dazpoo23's Arena

the ai doesnt seem to be at a point where they take into account fatigue. The only way to go about this is to drastically increase injury severity(around 80-90) this will see more widespread injuries, and starters ratings reduce considerably during injury leaving role players to take their place.
Also increasing injury frequency(durability), someon mentioned 2k has put this slider in reverse again, so raise the durabillity.
dont do individual sliders.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
Rookie

mustardnmayo's Arena

OVR: 6

Turning up the durability slider seems to create more injuries simming and in game , seems to be alot more simming then in game even days your team isnt practicing or playing there are injuries for some reason when u sim...not just flu either
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

drewbaby1414's Arena

My problem is that a lot of guys get injuries that drop their ratings by close to 20pts....The computer AI instead of putting these guys on the IR play them their regular rotation minutes.

This decreases that players avg's and does not a low bench players to get their numbers.

I know this is time consuming but the best way to take care of this problem is to control all 30 teams in Assocation...When a player comes down with an injury that drops his level of production I just place him on the IR til he is better.

Again this allows his numbers not to take a nose dive and also allows bench players to get PT and put up their numbers.....I am just a stat junkie.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby1414
My problem is that a lot of guys get injuries that drop their ratings by close to 20pts....The computer AI instead of putting these guys on the IR play them their regular rotation minutes.

This decreases that players avg's and does not a low bench players to get their numbers.

I know this is time consuming but the best way to take care of this problem is to control all 30 teams in Assocation...When a player comes down with an injury that drops his level of production I just place him on the IR til he is better.

Again this allows his numbers not to take a nose dive and also allows bench players to get PT and put up their numbers.....I am just a stat junkie.

^^^^Cosign to the fullest. I control all 30 teams. When a player has an injury, I put them on the bench until he's healthy again. I can give the bech warmers some PT. Sign a free agent. Even hit up the NBDL. It depends on what works for that particular team.

Ex. James Harden is out for the season(torn achillies). You figure that would be a huge loss for a young team like the Thunder, right? As I'm thinking about what I'm going to do, I check the standings. To my suprise the Thunder are 2nd in west with a
14-6 record. They have won 6 games in a row with Harden out, and Thabo in at starting shooting guard.

I'm a little off topic, but injuries are one of the main reasons I wanted to control all 30 teams.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Onpoint17's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardnmayo
Turning up the durability slider seems to create more injuries simming and in game , seems to be alot more simming then in game even days your team isnt practicing or playing there are injuries for some reason when u sim...not just flu either
I turned up the Durability slider to 99 for human sliders. Left it at 50 for the CPU and I haven't gotten a single in-game injury since I purchased 2K10 on Oct 6th!!! I'm sure I've played over 50 games (quick games, season games, association games). I don't even know what an in-game injury looks like in this game! This really sucks in Association when I can usually sub in my bench players to fill in for injured starters and make them happy with the extra minutes their getting. I did this all the time in 2K9, but this year it's not happening at all. This is costing my the moral of some of my players. I know they won't want to resign with my team next season because their pissed!!! I don't see too many people complaining about the lack of injuries in real-time, but this is serious problem and it doesn't look like this was addressed in the patch.

Injuries in simmed games work fine, but I don't want to sim my games, I want to play all of them!!!

I guess I'm gonna have to start lowering the individual durability ratings of the players on my team so that hopefully I can start getting injuries (and I know that's a bad thing to hope for, but I like to keep it real) and be able to manage my line-up in a more realistic manner than having a team full of supermen who can't be injured!

Is anyone else having this problem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »