Home

NBA 2K10: Bound for Greatness? (ESPN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Bound for Greatness? (ESPN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #49
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K10: Bound for Greatness? (ESPN)

You guys think OS will have their own logo ingame?
Old 08-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #50
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
I look forward to the in-game videos and the DEMO!!!! For B-ball fans its going to be a wonderful year!!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:33 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 11

Its great to read about all the improvements 2K has made with their new game, but that's all we've been doing so far...READING. I'm hoping 2K actually SHOWS these overly talked about improvements via some videos this week. We have about a month before it gets released its time for 2K to show us what they have to offer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 07:36 PM   #52
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

Outstanding article. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I just hope I don't end up spending a buck and a quarter on NBA titles this year.

Damn you video game producers making good games!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:39 PM   #53
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Outstanding article. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I just hope I don't end up spending a buck and a quarter on NBA titles this year.

Damn you video game producers making good games!
LOL

Better find a buddy...Make him buy one while you buy the other...That's how I used to handle my video game purchasing.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 08-31-2009, 07:42 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 6

Man i am not sold onto the comment made by Rob Jones because i remember last year, they say the same thing about 2K9...you know like the game is going to be fast like 2K7 blah blah blah..but when i played it damm...i was soo pissed again it looks and play just like 2K8 with players running up and down like they're dragging their legs through water. I am a big 2k7 fan and after all these years waiting and i am still here complaining about what the hell have they done to 2K7?? The producers need to realize that this is a VIDEO GAME!! And if you're going to make a game with realistic physics, you have to take into account of the fun factor. But when you present a game where weight and foot planting are involved...it tends to slow the game down and not fun anymore to play with because as a player, you're not able to do what you want to do INSTANTLY like you can with NBA2K7.

I mean i don't mind having great physics with legit weight factor, ect. involved....BUT if it is slow and uncontrollable or laggy..it ain't good!

From what i play of the NBA2k10 Combine...i don't see much different to the speed of the game?? So i am not sold!!

Another thing about NBA2k8 and NBA2k9 is that why are they making the game easy to make the basket?? In NBA 2k7, it takes skills to make shot even at the line. Some players require u to release the ball earlier and some require to hold down longer. At the line, same thing, it takes skills to shoot and remember how each player shoot...and i remember i have to practice constantly to try to perfect each player unique shot. But man, 2k8 and 2k9 they screwed up!! When you're open...it's pretty much automatic...which is ashamed because it doesn't reward you for your skills at making shots. This is another reason i am pissed at 2k8 and 2k9. It seems the developers are making a conscious effort to make the game easier for the noobies because they suck at 2k7!! Perhaps to cash in as much as they can and the way to do it is making the game easier to shoot so kids can play it too!! What a shamed!

To this date, my 2k8 and 2k9 are sitting on the shelf collecting dust while i am STILL playing 2k7!! Go figure!!

Last edited by reptilexcq; 08-31-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 26

Their was a thread made a few weeks back titled " what are you most excited about" I said that Rob Jones is the Main Lead and if EA was to take one of these guys, I'm glad its Mike. It wasn't a knock on Mike, but a more altruistic feeling that Rob Jones would get back to his roots in College Hoops in making the game a more simulation experience. When you read these previews over the last week or so, you'll understand why I trust him in this aspect as well as his pedigree with CH 2K8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #56
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq

...To this date, my 2k8 and 2k9 are sitting on the shelf collecting dust while i am STILL playing 2k7!! Go figure!!
Not to rain on your parade, but my guess is that that 2K10 is probably not going to be for you because the speed will probably be a lot slower than 2K9. The foot planting and weight will probably be even more of a factor than ever.

Most sports developers are going in the direction of having authenticity be the source of the fun factor, instead of lightning fast, twitch based, User control always outweighing the players skill set, governing gameplay. I for one am glad that is the case.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »