Home

My Player Progression Strategy

This is a discussion on My Player Progression Strategy within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #361
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: My Player Progression Strategy

What you could do is take all the skill points you get for awhile and bump up your Awareness ratings. Wont help tons in the game but will make your overall raise faster. Logically if you can get your guy to be rated around 60ish more teams would be intrested in taking a look at you. I honestly dont know how the game decides though never been through the D league

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmondHoward21
How long does it take to make it to an NBA team!! God my PF has a 52 rating and is 30 games deep in the D league....just wondering how long it took most of you to make it to the NBA I'm alomst tempted to cheat and lookup some code for unlimted skill pts. ha ha hahahah HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #362
Rookie

I have my own question regarding the standing dunk attritbute I have a pg but how beneficial do you think it would be to raise it higher? Would my guard be dunking like nuts. I remember in 2k9 I was ****ing with my friend one time and had a 5'7 g who had a 100 standing dunk. But in this game the standing dunk seems to work different. How high is too high do you think for a guard?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #363
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewj
I have my own question regarding the standing dunk attritbute I have a pg but how beneficial do you think it would be to raise it higher? Would my guard be dunking like nuts. I remember in 2k9 I was ****ing with my friend one time and had a 5'7 g who had a 100 standing dunk. But in this game the standing dunk seems to work different. How high is too high do you think for a guard?
I would think it comes down to personal preference really since its a "do what you like" kinda mode. I know for my 6'4'' SG my standing dunk is 70 or so and he doesnt always dunk inside.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #364
Rookie

Is there a way to go on another team?
I hate coming off the bench behind derrick rose and kirk.
I am a point guard but somehow I made him a 6'7 one even though i thought i changed it to 6'3.
I don't like the bulls team because they keep doing stupid plays when trailing by 1 point. Lost almost 6 games from 1 point differences.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #365
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeph820
I am a point guard but somehow I made him a 6'7 one even though i thought i changed it to 6'3.
I don't like the bulls team because they keep doing stupid plays when trailing by 1 point. Lost almost 6 games from 1 point differences.
haha, I am on the Bulls right now, Rose and Deng are the only ones left from my last season. As soon as I got there it was trade city. Oddly enough I just got Noah back from Detroit and since I cant read the rumors I have no idea why we traded him away in the first place.

As far as changing teams you cannot change until after the season ends then it will give you a list of a few teams you can change to.

I opted to stay with the Bulls since the Nuggets were not on the list and not sure what I am going to to after this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #366
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeph820
Did you mean you went back and restarted and changed him to 6'3 or did you do it in your existing MyPlayer game?

The reason I ask is I orginally made a 7'5 centre but i would prefer to shrink him down to a 7'0 if possible but it doesn't let me.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #367
Rookie

oh i meant that I thought I created a 6'3 pg instead of 6'7.
sorry for the confusion but yeah..

Is it just me or is it that the cpu runs the same plays for every single team?
I hate the play where they send it over to the SF and he backups against... freaken short kirk hinrich and he cannot guard him. When I go double team, they pass to my opponent and he scores on me resulting in a bad grade.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #368
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewj
What you could do is take all the skill points you get for awhile and bump up your Awareness ratings. Wont help tons in the game but will make your overall raise faster. Logically if you can get your guy to be rated around 60ish more teams would be intrested in taking a look at you. I honestly dont know how the game decides though never been through the D league
overall isn't much of a deciding factor. i got pulled from NBDL with about 40~45 overall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »