Home

My Player Progression Strategy

This is a discussion on My Player Progression Strategy within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #369
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: My Player Progression Strategy

Yea your OVR doesnt matter for making it up into the NBA. Getting A+ team grades consistantly along with standout numbers in atleast one catagory will put you into the NBA.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #370
Rookie

OVR: 6

I guess I just assumed that if your overall was higher you had a better chance of remaining on a roster.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #371
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeph820
oh i meant that I thought I created a 6'3 pg instead of 6'7.
sorry for the confusion but yeah..

Is it just me or is it that the cpu runs the same plays for every single team?
I hate the play where they send it over to the SF and he backups against... freaken short kirk hinrich and he cannot guard him. When I go double team, they pass to my opponent and he scores on me resulting in a bad grade.

I think the computer realizes mismatches cause I notice alot that if they see a bigger guy on a smaller one they will post. when my pg get in at SF ill get posted up alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #372
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewj
I think the computer realizes mismatches cause I notice alot that if they see a bigger guy on a smaller one they will post. when my pg get in at SF ill get posted up alot.
damnn serious? Whenever I get subbed on, Derrick Rose is pg, I'm sg, and kirk is sf. Sometimes I see thomas at Centre.. what a small lineup
Old 11-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #373
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

Quote:
I guess I just assumed that if your overall was higher you had a better chance of remaining on a roster.
And that might still be the case however its not necessary seeing how I was also (along with others who have posted in here) pulled up into the NBA after 8 games in the D-league or so and was only 44 ish overall.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:54 AM   #374
MVP

Quote:
Nope It's got nothing to do with it. I just took Shaq's spot on the starting lineup after 10 games with a 54 OVR.

As for the people asking about standing dunk it's fairly useless if you're 6'8" or under. If you go unto freestyle practice you'll see just how difficult it is to standing dunk with shorter players. On my first guy (6'7") I've had him at max standing dunk for well over 40 games and have only seen him standing dunk 2 maybe 3 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #375
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know how some of u guys are getting stuck in the d league. I have 2 different my players(pg and pf) and I never even sniff the D league. I'm on a 45 game winstreak with the PF and a 3 game win streak with the PG... the game is tooo easy I wish the patch cfixes this cuz its wayyyyyyy too easy 2 score inside
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #376
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok I'm rated 84 overall and the playoffs are about to start. I won the Roy, Mvp, made all nba, all defense, had over a 1000 rbs in a season, reach a ton of milestones and for the last 5 games I didnt used my skill points so I'm sitting on about 36k... for a short pf, I have upped my mid range to 93, close 90, inside is only at 80..but he shoots 68%, so it doesn't matter. Defensive awareness is maxed out, blocks maxed out, vert max out. Defensive rebounding is at 93 and offensive rbs is at 90. Low post defense is at 90, strength 86, handle is at 77, speed is at 70 and so is quickness.. stamina is at 91.. 3 pointers at 25 lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »