Home

My Player Progression Strategy

This is a discussion on My Player Progression Strategy within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 AM   #393
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: My Player Progression Strategy

Do your teamates improve each season? I am on the Kings and seriously think about staying but I am wondering if players other than your own progress.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:45 AM   #394
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewj
Do your teamates improve each season? I am on the Kings and seriously think about staying but I am wondering if players other than your own progress.
They progress based off their performance. In my opinion and based off what I have seen with 5 minute quarters is they are going to loose some rating due to the limited amount of actual game time and the amount of time your going to end up with the ball just to make sure you earn your "max" skill points per game.

I would say finish out the first season, make sure your OVR is over 70 and see how the team shakes out in the second season and if you dont want to continue there with a third season choose else where.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #395
Rookie

OVR: 2

Okay somebody help me...I just finish the first season and when I try to get to season 2 my game locks up...I dominated the playoffs and finals sweeping everybody with the blazers and my player is now a 85 with points to use on speed and defensive clutch to improve and why oh why do I have to keep editing my dunks..wtf
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #396
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizmode313
Okay somebody help me...I just finish the first season and when I try to get to season 2 my game locks up...I dominated the playoffs and finals sweeping everybody with the blazers and my player is now a 85 with points to use on speed and defensive clutch to improve and why oh why do I have to keep editing my dunks..wtf
Try this, once the game loads up go in and delee your player profile (not your career) and then try and load the season. It has fixed the locking up in the past and if it works you can go back and resave your player profile if you dont have it on auto save.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #397
Rookie

Nah man it still locked up simming offseason...this is sucking
Old 11-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #398
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipso
Try this, once the game loads up go in and delee your player profile (not your career) and then try and load the season. It has fixed the locking up in the past and if it works you can go back and resave your player profile if you dont have it on auto save.

It didnt do a thing man. It is locking out on Simming Offseason...this some ol bull
Old 11-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #399
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipso
They progress based off their performance. In my opinion and based off what I have seen with 5 minute quarters is they are going to loose some rating due to the limited amount of actual game time and the amount of time your going to end up with the ball just to make sure you earn your "max" skill points per game.

I would say finish out the first season, make sure your OVR is over 70 and see how the team shakes out in the second season and if you dont want to continue there with a third season choose else where.

Yeah I was thinking of giving them 2 years regardless but if Evans, Thompson and Hawes actually were to get better The Kings wouldnt really be a bad team. My OVR right now is 77. I have both of my awareness ratings up to 80 though so im probably more like a 70 right now. and im playing with 9 min quarters
Old 11-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #400
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizmode313
It didnt do a thing man. It is locking out on Simming Offseason...this some ol bull
This might be a bit extreme but you could try deleting anything setting related then restart the game with all the settings at default then try to load up the file. If that works all you will be out is your settings which would be a less of a hassle to fix then starting your whole career over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewj
Yeah I was thinking of giving them 2 years regardless but if Evans, Thompson and Hawes actually were to get better The Kings wouldnt really be a bad team. My OVR right now is 77. I have both of my awareness ratings up to 80 though so im probably more like a 70 right now. and im playing with 9 min quarters
The rating thing is more so you dont get bounced into every position just to ensure the game is giving you your minutes so it sounds like its not bouncing you around and with 9 min quarters thats more then enough time to get your #'s to ensure your making your skill points and keep them involved and productive to "assist" them in becoming better.

Sounds like you could pull it off and thats something I look forward to doing if / when we can adjust the minutes hopefully with the patch since for me the 5 min quarters can make it difficult to get my stats and still keep the team involved and productive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »