Home

Official Rate My Trade Thread

This is a discussion on Official Rate My Trade Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #9
Rookie

johnnyastro's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Official Rate My Trade Thread

As the Bobcats, I traded:

Ray Felton
Nazr Mohammed

to Philly for

Elton Brand

Logic for Charlotte
They acquired Chandler this off-season to provide an athletic big-man, but along with Diaw still lack a real go-to interior post presence, one that can thrive in a Larry Brown defense first/slow tempo/half court offense. Brand accomplishes this. It also allows Augustin to step up as a full-time 1.

Logic for Philly
They add a veteran (but with upside) PG to add to the mix with Williams (who can slide back to the 2 at times as has been more of a SG since coming in to the league) and puts less pressure on Jrue Holiday to step right in and play major minutes. Sort of bridges the gap on losing Miller for nothing. This also appeals as it frees them of the now burdensome contract of Brand, as well as the PR nightmare that stemmed from his lack of production last season. It also lets them utilize Speights and Young as quick up-tempo big-men to go along with Felton at PG. Also, anytime you can move a 5 year deal for an expiring is never a bad thing at all... Mohammed gets another big body as a reserve and is necessary for cap reasons.

Logic for Brand:
Gets him out of Philly and a fresh start where he played college ball. Which brings me to the last point, which is the only real unrealistic element is that MJ and Larry Brown would have to sign off on bringing in a Dukie- especially by trading away a fellow Tarheel to acquire him... Also, Bob Johnson is looking to sell and it is not looking to add new long-term deals to the roster.

However... in my franchise, the Bobcats were 6-8 and the Sixers were 3-11 at the time of the deal, so I think both teams were compelled that this was the right deal to make at the time.

Lastly, the biggest area of need for the 'Cats is to bring in a backup PG, but for now, those duties have been placed on Flip... eventually we may sign someone like Mike Taylor for the year- however another guy that appeals is Duhon- another Duke guy and Brand's former teammate, I believe. He may be a perfect fit as a number two, however Charlotte has no $6 mil expirings, which NYK will most certainly require to move Duhon... gots to get creative on a 3 team, maybe for Radmanovic and a #1 to someone...

Thoughts?

BTW, I am not a Duke guy or a North Carolina guy at all, but it is a compelling sub-plot I think.

Last edited by johnnyastro; 10-12-2009 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:02 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Franchise as the Blazers:

To Atlanta - A. Miller
To Portland - J. Crawford, 1st Rd. Pick (2011)

then...

To Chicago - T. Outlaw, J. Howard, (Atl.) 1st Rd. Pick (2011)
To Portland - L. Deng

Currently 6-5 sitting 7th in the west. 2-0 since the Chicago trade, thoughts?
NHL: Colorado Avalanche
Old 10-12-2009, 04:39 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 11

i dont think its realistic for jamison to be moved to SF at this point in his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 04:48 AM   #12
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikmachine

To Atlanta - A. Miller

then...

To Portland - L. Deng

I'm using the Blazers in my association too.

Hmm, I dont like your trade, but that's just me.

I think with the acquisition of Andre Miller made the Blazers a complete team.

So Blake is your starting PG? Or do you play Roy as PG then Crawford in 2 guard?
Old 10-12-2009, 09:02 AM   #13
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikmachine

To Atlanta - A. Miller

then...

To Portland - L. Deng

Why would Atlanta want another PG? I guess it works out for you tho, you get a 1st rounder and isnt Crawford an expiring contract? I could be wrong about that tho.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #14
Rookie

dazpoo23's Arena

OVR: 7

I was using sacremento and traded k.thomas and 1st for okafor, so i had a solid big. However about 2 months into the season i had buyers remorse, the team wasnt playing right and just felt static. So in the effort for realism and to get thompson succient playing time, i switched the trade back

instead, to solidify my line-up i traded;

Kings Trade
J.Brockman(promising pf rookie)
1st
1st

Miami Trade
Beasely
1st(2011)

I figured miami would do this because of all the personal issues with beasely, and now all their guys contracts runout in 2010, plus they get two highly rated draft picks in 2010 draft.
Kings get a creative scoring option and switch in 2011 draft picks which will be high if wade doesnt resign with the heat.

line-up;
Udrih/Rodriguez
Martin/T.Evans
Beasley/Garcia/Mason
Thompson/Nocioni
Hawes/May

plus Donte Greene and Omri Casspi in the d-league, i'll use them for trade bait next summer

Last edited by dazpoo23; 10-12-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

As the suns, I got jannero pargo and traded him for shannon brown. I like him more then pargo for some reason.
I signed chucky atkins and alando tucker(bum ***) traded him to the spurs for bruce bowen and Ratliff. I know I got alot older with this trade, but I needed defense badly. And their contracts expire at the end of the season..
Currently 8-8. Tough season man..
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #16
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

With an apparently deep 2010 draft (generated) and a talented Free Agent class, I am really looking to rebuild in the offseason.

#1 I did a 3-way trade with the Wolves and Thunder...

Rockets receive 2010 1st round pick (MIN)
[Give up Shane Battier, Brevin Knight (sign and trade), 2011 1st round pick]

Timberwolves receive Brevin Knight (HOU), B.J. Mullens (OKC), 2010 1st round pick (OKC), 2011 1st round pick (HOU), 2010 & 2011 second round picks (OKC)
[Give up Ramon Sessions, 2010 1st Round pick]

Thunder receive Ramon Sessions (MIN), Shane Battier (HOU),
[Give up B.J. Mullins 2010 1st round pick, 2010 & 2011 second round picks]

By doing this trade, I am trading my present for the future getting what will be a top 5 pick and some cap space and also allowing Budinger more time to grow and play in the offense.

#2 I then picked up Bruce Bowen for a vet minimum to help pick up some of the slack we lost when trading Shane.

#3 I have been offered JJ Barea and Dallas' 1st round pick for Kyle Lowry. I keep considering this deal because they are both young, Barea is rated a 69 while Lowry is a 70, and Barea is a better contract. I'm guessing maybe Lowry's potential is higher? (I am out of scouting reports to check). When I've simmed ahead to see what kinds of moves I can make in 2010, Lowry always demands more than Scola and about as much as T-Mac (not really worth that kind of $)! So, I'm thinking about doing this deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »