Home

Gamespot Review: 7.0? (less than Madden? LMAO)

This is a discussion on Gamespot Review: 7.0? (less than Madden? LMAO) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Gamespot Review: 7.0? (less than Madden? LMAO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12orlando
How can anyone who knows basketball take this guy and his review seriously? I mean too contend that live 10 is more sim than 2k10 is just rubbish. 2k10 have no excuse for having the gameplay so bad out of the box but the sliders do mitigate that problem. That's why sliders are made in the first place.

Any ball game that has no post game is no sim. End of story. You get all these players claiming to be sim ballers and playing the 'realistic' live 10 with just a perimeter game? I tried live 10 and its fun initially but you realize after that it is still very shallow. If Live can get a post game going then next year will be very interesting. But I can't help but feel VC will step up next year as well.
if we talkin about playing other users online...nba live is definately more sim. Playing 2k online...any difficulty level..is maaad arcadey...its just back and forth layups/dunks/hooks and the occasional 3 pointer or rarrrre midrange shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 9

I bought 2K9 and it wasn't that good and got an 8 from Gamespot. I stopped relying on Gamespot because they aren't consistent at all on most of the games.
Maybe this is his review for My Player?

2K10 is much better than 2K9 but it received a 7.0

Also he spoke most about My Player (75%) and not to much about the actual game.
He must have only rated My Player?

Look at Live's review and see how they spoke on the actual game vice one feature of the game.

Last edited by keshunleon; 10-16-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #83
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuanWu
While I think the reviewer is an idiot to suggest that 2k10 is less sim than Live, I like that 2k10 got such a low score (7.0). The amount of bugs and glitches this year (and honestly, last year) are absolutely unacceptable. VC and the 2K team need to realize that they built a fanbase on the fact that their game is better and more realistic than Live. Having these bugs and glitches each year (along with servers that are always down) just make them look unprofessional in comparison to EA. They really, really need to step it up. I've supported 2k since the Dreamcast, but they've really pissed me off this year. The game is often times downright unplayable because of the framerate issues. They had to have known this. To ship the game out despite this is negligent and dishonest.
i've come to the realization after being on here for just a few months, that, you could slap a 2K symbol on a turd, and A LOT of diehard 2K'ers, would still agree that nothing else would or could be better than that turd. not saying that 2K10 is a turd of a game, but people seem to turn a blind eye at eye to issues that are blatantly obvious, but no matter what, 2K to them will still trump the other. just an observation, and just my opinion, and by the way, it's only one review, 2K10 got plenty of good scores on other reviews, there's not much reason for an uproar here.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well this game is pretty much 2k9 with a few
more features.
He talked bout my player cuz thats about the only new thing they added to the gameplay department. If any body can argue and say 2k10 is that much better than 2k9 is really a imo a fanboy cuz 2k10 just doesnt feel like a different
game.

Another thing he metioned was all the missed layups... its really annoying...

You did pay for online roster updates. Do you know why? Thats all Madden really is from year to year, a roster update.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #85
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxB0MBTHREATxX
Well this game is pretty much 2k9 with a few
more features.
He talked bout my player cuz thats about the only new thing they added to the gameplay department. If any body can argue and say 2k10 is that much better than 2k9 is really a imo a fanboy cuz 2k10 just doesnt feel like a different
game.

Another thing he metioned was all the missed layups... its really annoying...
You cant even consider having a fair and balanced review, when you are to review a game as a whole, but instead 85% of the thing is based on one mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #86
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
"Out the box" must be the new catch phrase for this year. I can care less how good the game is out the box, if they give you millions of editable options like 2k10. Name a sports game current gen that plays great out the box. Please don't say that other basketball game, because that game needs just as much if not more tweeking.
I agree, how the heck can any game be rated by how it plays out of the box. Now having sliders is now looked at as a negative in the upside down world of video game reviews. There is most definitely a bias when it comes to how 2k games are reviewed IMHO. If any other game had working sliders that made such a huge difference in many areas of game play it would be praised to no end. Every year a rival game adds something that 2k has had for years whether it's hockey, football or basketball and the scores for that game rise while 2k's fall. Does that make any sense?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #87
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by XuanWu
Let me also add (in a rare double post) that the ease with which we can get to the paint by abusing turbo is not at all mitigated by the turbo bar/meter/whatever. In fact, the game plays like ****ing NBA Jam without sliders and this too is also unacceptable.
This game plays like NBA jam? wtf game are you playing and are you playing on HOF?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #88
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

"Too easy to get into the paint, eliminating most strategy"

This is the reason I didn't care for NBA2k10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »