Home

Gamespot Review: 7.0? (less than Madden? LMAO)

This is a discussion on Gamespot Review: 7.0? (less than Madden? LMAO) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Gamespot Review: 7.0? (less than Madden? LMAO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
Once the patch arrives this game is going to be off the hook. They are fixing the framerate, and the association glitches and my player glitches...That to me is enough. Also I believe the servers will get better do to the fantastic publicity it's getting.

Madden to me is a turd.

Only reason it gets high scores because there is nothing to compare it with because EA decides to buy the exclusive rights. Madden is the #1 selling NFL game. They did it!

I haven't played the game yet but I don't like what I'm hearing. We shouldn't have to wait for a patch. The game should be good out of the box. Doesn't 2K10 test their game before they release it?

I blame deadlines for this. Due to relatively short development cycles compared to non sports titles, games are rushed out to meet the release date, that's why most sports titles lack polish, and us consumers have to wait for a patch.

By the way, not everyone has access to Xbox Live so how are we supposed to get the patch?
Old 10-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkiwinki
it deserves this score for the bugs and glitches. But after they patch it up - this game is an 8.5 atleast
Agreed. The framerate issues bring it down to a 7 by themselves for me. Once it is all patched up, this has potential to be a 9 or 9.5.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 16

You know a 7.0 is rubbish only because Madden 10 got higher than that.

That's the only reason it's a garbage rating to me. The game where the computer is playing it's kicker at RT and he slides in and does his thang like he's been playing the position for years...
Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Well this will make the constant complaining and griping crowd who bought 2k anyway and still constantly complain and gripe and bought the other game and like it but still constantly complain and gripe and won't make any adjustments but still constantly complain and gripe, who feel as though the game should be absolutely perfect out of the box, but still constantly complain and gripe, who worked for hours to change sliders in other games but won't do so for this one but still constantly complain and gripe feel justified. I wish they had one thread for the constant complaining and griping crowd like they did for the show or some other game so they could all go there and constantly complain and gripe till their hearts content.
You're exaggerating. I don't think anyone here expects the game to be perfect out of the box. Just a game without so many frustrating issues that should have been fixed. We shouldn't have to play with sliders to act as a bandaid fix to these glaring issues.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #21
Rookie

johnrice20022002's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12orlando
How can anyone who knows basketball take this guy and his review seriously? I mean too contend that live 10 is more sim than 2k10 is just rubbish. 2k10 have no excuse for having the gameplay so bad out of the box but the sliders do mitigate that problem. That's why sliders are made in the first place.

Any ball game that has no post game is no sim. End of story. You get all these players claiming to be sim ballers and playing the 'realistic' live 10 with just a perimeter game? I tried live 10 and its fun initially but you realize after that it is still very shallow. If Live can get a post game going then next year will be very interesting. But I can't help but feel VC will step up next year as well.
Sliders help a ton with many of the small bugs in 2K but being that the backdoor game is INCREDIBLY strong this year, almost to the point of being completely unguardable, I can understand the reviewer's main concern. This type of issue, where you can legitimately score on every possession against the CPU (not a huge two player fan) takes a graphically beautiful three-dimensional game and turns it into a one-dimensional pick-and-roll, backdoor-scoring bonanza.

I love the additions the 2K team implemented this year (My Player, NBA Today, Dynamic Commentary) but when your arguably "ancient" gameplay system lacks the needed polish and contintuous innovation seen in other games (not just of the sports variety) that your are in competition with, low review scores and angry consumer comments will undoubtedly rear their ugly heads.

I hope the forthcoming patch(es) iron out the bugs, but as of right now, as a gamer who's owned every 2K game since the original Dreamcast great-great-great grandaddy, this years installment is definitely not up to the almost godly simulation and gaming level this series is lauded for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #22
Banned

The fact that both companies have sliders in their titles shows a lack of confidence in the quality of the gameplay out of the box. Some may argue that it's to cater for different skill levels/tastes but we have difficulty setting that should be enough to satisfy both the casual gamer and the sim gamer. Unfortunately the sim players like myself have to adjust sliders every year to get at least some realism in the game. Not good enough.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #23
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

I can't blame them at all for that score
Old 10-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 5

Gamespot f'ed NBA 2K10 in the A

This is the best 2k yet, minus bugs,,,and even at this stage it is still better than LIVE 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »