Home

Lebron, please hand in your #23 jersey so the benchwarmer can have it

This is a discussion on Lebron, please hand in your #23 jersey so the benchwarmer can have it within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Lebron, please hand in your #23 jersey so the benchwarmer can have it

The reason is pretty simple: *you* are the player and as such, the center of attention in the game. I agree that in the case of LeBron, that's a bit strange, but then if they did it the other way around, we would have people complaining that they had to change their number because the 11th player on the roster had the same one (and you'd be the 12th, obviously, so he'd have a higher overall and would have been on the team longer)...
Old 10-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poilbrun
The reason is pretty simple: *you* are the player and as such, the center of attention in the game. I agree that in the case of LeBron, that's a bit strange, but then if they did it the other way around, we would have people complaining that they had to change their number because the 11th player on the roster had the same one (and you'd be the 12th, obviously, so he'd have a higher overall and would have been on the team longer)...
I get that logic, but i'd still prefer realism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
23 was NEVER part of his brand, he stole it from MJ. That # will always belong and be associated with Jordan. Yet people criticize Kobe for trying to "Be Like Mike." Atleast Kobe didn't rip off his number (like that pseudo MVP in Cleveland).

Maybe IF he ever wins a chamionship, he deserves to wear it. Until then...he's just another good, athletic player overhyped by the media who hasn't won jack and who pads his individual stats and is concerned more about moiney and fame than winning a title.
1) While this is off topic, i'll answer your rant. 23 is part of the lebron brand. Just because Jordan had it first doesnt mean its not part of lebrons brand. Noone ever said Lebron owned it exclusively.

2) Don't start an arguement about who is trying to be a imitation jordan more. Whats the worst thing Lebron did? He took the guys number and hes even said it was a sign of respect. At least he never made a fool of himself while trying to be MJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTX81NwDB20

3) Pseudo MVP? Thats just a pathetic insult. He was the undisputed best player last season. Do you even know what pseudo means?

4)Why even bring up championships? What does that have to do with a jersey number. And don't forget Jordan didn't win a ring until his 7th season when he was 28. Lebron is 24 and has only played 6 seasons.

5) The final part of your post is even dumber than the rest. Pads his stats? He's widely considered as one of the most unselfish players in the nba. He's been voted the guy most players want to be teammates with. Overhyped? Your insults get even further off the mark. He may have got too much attention before he went pro but he's matched and surpassed all the hype he has ever received.

Now let me finish with a few facts.

Fact: Lebron is the best player in the NBA today. His play at 24 is better than Kobe's peak. He'll be in another universe in 5 years.

Fact: Lebron has a legitimate chance of being the GOAT, he's obviously not there yet but it's not beyond the realm of possibility he'll get there by the time he has finished.

My prediction for Lebrons career: 5 rings, 7 NBA MVP's, surpasses Kareem's career points record, is considered the GOAT when he retires.

And just a final note for kobe fanboys like you. The way you guys feel about lebron is so strange, you hate him personally, you hate his game, you show no respect for him or his talent. And that is just sad. I on the other hand, have respect for what Kobe has done on the court. I just happen to prefer Lebron because hes avoided controversy off the court, hes part of my generation, and his playing style appeals to me more. Just try to like your guy without hating on other players.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm not going to lie when people start crying about details as minor as this I always get a chuckle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Synchromesh, lol i know what you mean but i wasnt crying over it. I said in my first post i understand its a minor detail but the developers said their aim with this mode was realism and this falls under the "realism" heading. But yeh, im not stressing over it. And i dont plan on burning the cd or taking it back or promising to never buy a 2k product ever again like some other posters have over similarly minor issues.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
Who would you put Gasol over?

That's 15 players right there who are currently better than Gasol.
ok they may be better basketball players but most don't have his impact on a clutch game.

he's european champ, nba champ and runnerup at beijing (close to the W vs the dream team)

really, i don't like his face, his attitudes on the court sometimes, and i m not even spanish lol but his game (height, reach...) impresses me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »