Home

MY TIPS ON GUARDING THE PICK & ROLL FOR YOU ROOKIES!!!!

This is a discussion on MY TIPS ON GUARDING THE PICK & ROLL FOR YOU ROOKIES!!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
MY TIPS ON GUARDING THE PICK & ROLL FOR YOU ROOKIES!!!!

Guarding the pick and roll is a task. You have to understand the players on the court and what their strengths are. Current masters of the pick and roll are (CP3 and D West, T Parker and Tim, Deron and Boozer, Dirk and J Kidd).

Start out by guarding the ball handler. When the pick is coming, move your defensive player over to side the ball handler is trying to go. Your help is going to come up into a soft trap which creates the cutting lane for the pick setter. Here you can immediately call for the trap (L1 PS3, LB XBOX) if you trust your team defense. If you can't get into position and get caugt on the pick you have to decide to stay with the ball handler or the cutter.

Wait to see what your help is going to do. If you are aggressive on the ball handler and choose to go over the pick, your help will stay with the cutter. If you decide to go under or get caught up on the pick, your help will step out in anticipation of the ball handler taking the shot. If your help steps out, stick with the player rolling to the basket. Try to play the passing lane in attempts for a steal or deflection bcuz this will create a mismatch. If your able to stay in front of the roller, call for the double team and force the extra pass, he may kick to a shooter. Switch to the closest defender and run hard at the shooter by using turbo and attempt to contest (shot block button).

Guarding the pick and roll is not easy it is highly frustrating and takes a lot of practice to be successful in guarding it properly. You have to think fast by also understanding that your not going to stop it every time but with these tips you can guard it a lot better. If you get beat or you are a step behind, hit turbo to catch up and always contest by pressing the block button especially on pick and pops...

Again, practice, practice, practice.. AND LEAVE THE SLIDERS AT DEFAULT!!!!

Last edited by sandman0823; 10-21-2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Corrections
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MY TIPS ON GUARDING THE PICK & ROLL FOR YOU ROOKIES!!!!

Very nice...

I usually go under the pick a high % of the time. Why?.....most user can't shoot. I've only played about 2 guys that actually pulled up as I went under the screen. And only one of them actually hit the shot at a consistent rate. That I actually had to stay on him. But besides that. Random users usually don't know how to shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »