Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #505
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
Is it just me or are there a ton of alley oop attempts ? Not successfull alleys but a lot of tried alleys. Just now the Magic attemptrd about 10-12 against me in 3 quarters ... And i allready put the slider down to 15.
yeah i just posted this. i'm trying it even lower.

Edit: i'll try the global tendency slider

Last edited by BroMontana82; 11-07-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #506
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
are you guys noticing an insane amount of alley oops by the CPU now? i have the slider set to 10 and they're still throwing them up all the time.
Played 12 games....full games. Alley oops are fine for my games....How you play D will increase/Decrease number of alley oops. I think the patch is "OFF THE HOOK".
>>
Try playing on All-Star level, change the alley oops back to 50. Put everything at 50 except shooting.>>
Try lowering The CPU shooting a tad... (CPU seems to shoot 53-56% FG% in 12 game avg.)>>
Hum/CPU
46 41 Insides hot
46 41 Close shot
46 44 Mid shot
47 46 3pt shot
50 48 Lay up
50 48 Dunk
50 48 Dunk in Traffic

I really believe the patch solves most of the problems, We all need to get a little better with are game. Don’t force so quickly on inside shots or Close shots. I hit more Close shots when I work the post up moves. Drive to the hoop with the players who drive strong in the NBA. Kick out once in awhile.

Shooting is the only adjustment needed post patch in my opinion. (Of course I could be wrong)

Last edited by Agame; 11-07-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: could be right
Old 11-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #507
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

hmm.

maybe its just that im focusing on more things now but It seems like theres almost no more foot planting after a player catches a pass. I like to catch a pass and pump fake alot and when I do that, it triggers this very quick ice skating type of animation. it gets you out of that pump fake almost too fast. was this in the game pre patch. is this to give us more control than before? it just feels odd right now. not that its a true negative but it just looks and feels weird as I swear I was used to the old way of things and this new way is throwing me off.

any one else see this?

it almost gives my guys a speed boost towards the hoop or away from it and im hitting all these shots i feel I shouldnt be... try it yourself. pump fake with a player and then quickly move in either direction. you will almost always beat your man with whomever you are guarding.. I may have to safeguard myself from ever pump faking again if thats the case.

edit: I just now had about two minutes of solid FOOT planting on these same types of moves.. this is bizarre. its like im playing two games here INSTANTANIOUSLY

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 11-07-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #508
Rookie

OVR: 1

What is 2K's problem with letting us us our Coaching Profiles and Playbooks online. It's a real hassle to have to set every single play of my playbook EVERY GAME!!!!

Why is this such a problem to fix??? DAMN
Old 11-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #509
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

i think i set fouls too high on the sliders. they are at 75 and 80 for the majority. my issue is that alot of the fouls, there is no contact made.. like a "made" up cheat foul occurs. its happened twice now. Is this what getting more FTs and fouls has come to? the events not actually happening but "being called" regardless?
Old 11-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #510
Banned

OVR: 10

does ANYBODY play online here. All these vs CPU post and little to no ONLine experience post
Old 11-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #511
Rookie

OVR: 2

About the headbands issue, is there any way I can update the roster without losing my changes, like rotations, shoe color, sig shots, etc? I mean, Cavs with white headbands on the road?? no way...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #512
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Overall I love this patch!!!. The Fouls are perfect. Fouls are actually called now and people are so used to playing a game that calls no fouls. I'm enjoying the game a lot more now after this patch. Thank you 2k!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »