Home

Mike Wang Returns to 2K Sports: NBA 2K Series (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Mike Wang Returns to 2K Sports: NBA 2K Series (ESPN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #177
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Mike Wang Returns to 2K Sports: NBA 2K Series (ESPN)

That's another thing Live did better than 2K, in my opinion, that being preventing lane cheese. They did it so well that WTF moments often occur, such as scrubs blocking dunk attempts, players getting sucked into block animations, and easy passes into the paint inexplicably going astray or getting picked off. Also, trying to dribble inside with any but the best ball handlers is a recipe for frustration.

That said, I'd rather take the WTF moments. I like to play my hardest without having to worry about whether or not I'm accidentally cheesing. So maybe a "sim" setting could turn up the difficulty of penetrating and prevent anybody from throwing random, careless passes inside.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #178
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
That's another thing Live did better than 2K, in my opinion, that being preventing lane cheese. They did it so well that WTF moments often occur, such as scrubs blocking dunk attempts, players getting sucked into block animations, and easy passes into the paint inexplicably going astray or getting picked off. Also, trying to dribble inside with any but the best ball handlers is a recipe for frustration.

That said, I'd rather take the WTF moments. I like to play my hardest without having to worry about whether or not I'm accidentally cheesing. So maybe a "sim" setting could turn up the difficulty of penetrating and prevent anybody from throwing random, careless passes inside.
the pass problem is a lot better with the patch, especially with sliders but they need to make defense a lot stronger overall. it was better with lock on d last year and previous years. i'd rather have more D than less and adjust from there. a lot of people have been complaining about D so i think they will look at this for 2k11 though.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #179
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
Totally agree with this. I think 2k10 is the superior game many times over for single player but Live is much better at limiting cheese for online games that's for sure. I've had some great games online where i had won and lost without feeling "cheated" because of constant cheese tactics.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #180
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
Totally agree with this. I think 2k10 is the superior game many times over for single player but Live is much better at limiting cheese for online games that's for sure. I've had some great games online where i had won and lost without feeling "cheated" because of constant cheese tactics.
for me, 2k, live, and any sports game is going to have a trade off like that or some sort of cheese no matter what. that's why i don't play online unless it's with a friend. at least for ranked games where you play on default difficulty and sliders. it's just part of the default game. plus, even if the tactics don't work, you are always going to get those randoms who still try to just take charges, swipe, and dunk.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:26 AM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 8

Very excited for this. Not very interested in the whole Wang story at this point, but one thing I do know is, personally I felt like NBA 2K8 was the best bball game ever, from the standpoint of varying animations and control of your player on the court, and just general player movement. Now 2K10 is certainly better overall, but as far as precision control of your player/not having anims taking over at times, 2K8 smokes this year's offering.

What I'm getting at is, 2K8 was the last one Wang was a part of. So, being that control and player movement is pretty much one of the things Live 10 does better than 2K10 (Mike's "vision for the series" largely responsible), I'm excited for 2K11, that he might bring some of those player movement implementations from Live to 2K. Even a small measure would be great, because control of player movement in 2K10 is quite a mess. Isomotion needs to be scrapped, period.

Heck, if they release an improved 2K8 with 2K10's presentation, I'd be happy.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »