Home

Bugs aside should I get it or no?

This is a discussion on Bugs aside should I get it or no? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2010, 02:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Bugs aside should I get it or no?

It's still $50 over here in Canada, and the exchange rate is almost 1:1. I feel like I'm getting ripped off by having to pay like 20% more.

Price aside is the issue with bugs. I've been reading up and apparently there's a lot of bugs, even some new ones that came along with the new patch. Also read that they don't plan on releasing any new fixes (don't quote me). I find it unacceptable for a company to release a flawed game and rely on patches to gradually fix it up after release, even worse if they flat out refuse to fix the known issues. NBA2k10 is actually the first game I wanted to cop a few months back when I got my ps3 ($70 canada), was just waiting for the price drop. However, I feel like I'd be financially rewarding a company for releasing a buggy game and by giving them my money I would just encourage them to release future buggy games.

I'd mostly be playing franchise mode, are the workarounds a real hassle or no? Just real bs that they won't fix the problems in association. I bought 2k9 used for $20 at EB other day, but I'm getting real tempted to swap it in for 2k10. What do u guys that have purchased the game think? Is it worth it even given all the problems? If they announced they'd be releasing a patch that fixed the probs in association I would get it asap. I want the game but I don't want to reward them for not being responsible for their product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: Bugs aside should I get it or no?

It's all up to you man.

There are ways on getting around the bugs in Association mode. Just turn off 'Player Roles', 'Team Chemistry', and 'CPU Trades'. That'll make it play out 2000% more normal that with those features on.

I'm not going to try and convince you to buy, or convince you not to buy it. But if you like 2K9, the Association mode is MUCH better this year. If you get this years, you will notice BIG changes in the Association gameplay.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 02-13-2010, 02:59 AM   #3
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopmasterc
It's still $50 over here in Canada, and the exchange rate is almost 1:1. I feel like I'm getting ripped off by having to pay like 20% more.

Price aside is the issue with bugs. I've been reading up and apparently there's a lot of bugs, even some new ones that came along with the new patch. Also read that they don't plan on releasing any new fixes (don't quote me). I find it unacceptable for a company to release a flawed game and rely on patches to gradually fix it up after release, even worse if they flat out refuse to fix the known issues. NBA2k10 is actually the first game I wanted to cop a few months back when I got my ps3 ($70 canada), was just waiting for the price drop. However, I feel like I'd be financially rewarding a company for releasing a buggy game and by giving them my money I would just encourage them to release future buggy games.

I'd mostly be playing franchise mode, are the workarounds a real hassle or no? Just real bs that they won't fix the problems in association. I bought 2k9 used for $20 at EB other day, but I'm getting real tempted to swap it in for 2k10. What do u guys that have purchased the game think? Is it worth it even given all the problems? If they announced they'd be releasing a patch that fixed the probs in association I would get it asap. I want the game but I don't want to reward them for not being responsible for their product.
Nope. I owned 2K10 and went back to 2K9. The bugs make the game problematic....wait for NBA 2K11....Mike Wang is back in control.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I caved and went to trade in the used 2k9 I bought a few days ago for 2k10 at EBgames. But they wouldn't let me return it cause the preowned game has already been opened lol wtf? I'm just gonna take this as a sign and wait for 2k11.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
Strategy

OVR: 36

Yes, you should get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopmasterc
I caved and went to trade in the used 2k9 I bought a few days ago for 2k10 at EBgames. But they wouldn't let me return it cause the preowned game has already been opened lol wtf? I'm just gonna take this as a sign and wait for 2k11.
Sucks dude.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 02-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

the only bug that would prevent me from playing this incredible game would be one that prevents it from starting

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »