Home

NBA 2K11 Preview (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Preview (Joystiq) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
its funny i've see alot of talk about live using the right stick to shoot, and how its stolen from 2k even though its no where near the same. but now you can dribble in 2k with the right stick which has been a staple in the live series for idk.....ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 01:02 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5
rob jones said the shot stick is in the game on that other 1 so.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:50 AM   #27
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K11 Preview (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Boii
its funny i've see alot of talk about live using the right stick to shoot, and how its stolen from 2k even though its no where near the same. but now you can dribble in 2k with the right stick which has been a staple in the live series for idk.....ever
Don't start dude......................Please..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #28
Rookie

KDRIZZLE2K4's Arena

OVR: 9

Guys trust me, the shot stick and the dribble, both on the right stick is not too complicated and not prone to accidents! How do I know? Because it's already in 2K10 as alternate C(or B I can't quite remember at the moment)! I play with it exclusively and I never make mistakes or forget to hold the trigger when I shoot the ball. Mind you, I mostly only use the shot stick for dunks and lay ups and generally use the buttons for regular shots. I suggest everyone try it out to kind of get a feel of how 2K11 might be. I feel like I have more control with isomotion on the right stick, it does still has its share of problems with control though so I'm glad they are reworking it to give us more control and also making it the default control scheme.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:00 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 10

IGN preview had dribbling with Left stick , sounds like familiar to me hmmmmmm. they are changing the game to much. We already have to hold triggers to do isomotion moves done we? Holding a trigger to do a simple jumpshot isnt very good. After all these years they are finally changing the way we play the game. I guess i will be spending more time in practice mode than normal. I feel bad for the casuals lololol Glad both games becoming more advanced instead of dumbed down for a 14 year old cheeser

i did like reading this though "there's even an in-air collision system now"

Last edited by Teebone21; 06-26-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:28 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 2
if anyone think nba elite is going to be better than nba 2k11 you have another thing coming, because nba 2k is going to always be the best basketball game to play its just more realistic, nba elite is an arcade game fake things happen.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:16 AM   #31
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

I can tell you right now the right analog stick wont be mapped for dribbling(by default).. Joystiq got it wrong.

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 06-26-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 03:21 AM   #32
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I can tell you right now the right analog stick wont be mapped for dribbling.. Joystiq got it wrong.
Yup, I've heard in other previews and videos about dribbling still being on the left stick. I just expect there to be less use of the triggers to do the moves ala 2k8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »