Home

NBA 2K11 Preview (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Preview (Joystiq) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #33
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
If you don't use the shot stick you cannot do drifters/leaners/runners/advanced post moves/adjusting shots in mid-air/specific layup packages(like Rondo's).

Although with the button you can do fadeaways. This is why I only use the button for spot up jumpers. Also for pumpfakes in the paint and the lean in the defender to draw a foul animation.

I also noticed using the shot stick in the paint area won't initiate heavy contact as much. Can anyone relate to this?
Exactly. I wished they just kept the controls the same and just let the "newcomers" to just use ALT A like alot of people do.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5
They have to get the game to play smooth before changing controls cause the dribbling control on 2k10 was horrible i like 2k9 dribbling control way better. I hope both hoop games this year are great because last year was a embarrissment to the sport
Old 06-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #35
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
let's see this play out. it's definitely possible you will use the trigger and the right stick for dribbling. mid air collisions? awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 2
yea i swear this sounds a lot like nba live, hmmm and they are adding in-air collisions... hmm nba live??? people say live copies 2k... and it is true to a degree but to a large degree 2k copies live, when it came to the dynamic dna , 2k came out with its version, dunk contest, 2k came out with its version, dribble stick was in live, 2k comes out with one now? hmmm
Old 06-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15
I read somewhere else that half spin will be done with a quick 1/4 roll /rollback of the LEFT stick the joystiq previewer must have made a mistake. However there'll always be alternate control schemes, and right stick ball handling is already in the game.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #38
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K11 Preview (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy703
yea i swear this sounds a lot like nba live, hmmm and they are adding in-air collisions... hmm nba live??? people say live copies 2k... and it is true to a degree but to a large degree 2k copies live, when it came to the dynamic dna , 2k came out with its version, dunk contest, 2k came out with its version, dribble stick was in live, 2k comes out with one now? hmmm
flyboy or "FAN"boy?
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #39
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Boii
its funny i've see alot of talk about live using the right stick to shoot, and how its stolen from 2k even though its no where near the same. but now you can dribble in 2k with the right stick which has been a staple in the live series for idk.....ever
Actually, this feature was also in Inside Drive 2003, which was the same year EA implemented it. And also, if I'm not mistaken, in NBA Shootout 2003.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 06-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #40
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I can tell you right now the right analog stick wont be mapped for dribbling(by default).. Joystiq got it wrong.
I hope not, because if it is, we may have to push both sticks and pull both triggers for dunking. That's pretty annoying.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »