Home

My 2K11 online expectations just dropped a bit..

This is a discussion on My 2K11 online expectations just dropped a bit.. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Online: Use your old team or the Heat
Your old team 31 81.58%
Miami Heat 7 18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #25
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: My 2K11 online expectations just dropped a bit..

So I wanted to experiment and get a feel what the new Miami Heat team would look and play like, so i just updated the Heat roster as best as i could, of course not knowing who the other players are going to be is a bummer, but knowing that they only have a few million to sign 6-8 more guys at the league minimum, i did just that and signed bummy veterans to that team like Wally Scherzbiak and Kwame Brown.

I also went to Coaching Profiles, up'd their Tempo, Fast Break, defensive pressure, help D, crash boards a bit, inside and close shots, and attack the basket. While also decreasing, bench depth (assuming as they would have an awful one lol) double teams (since they'll probably always play straight up man) run plays and zone usage.

I started a game with the Magic against them. With 6 minute Quarters at Halftime it's Magic 37, Heat 41. I'm the Magic and i'm playing on Hall of Fame Mode with adjusted sliders and the Heat seem to be driving to the paint at every opportunity. I switched to the 2-3 which has seemed to bottle up the big three for now; Wade has 10, Bosh 9, and Lebron 2 and make them a jump shooting team. They haven't really hurt me except for driving and getting into the paint. Lebron has missed 2 threes and Wade 1.

The difference right now is simply Wally who hit 2 three's in the first half. But i've been playing around anyways lol so i'mma come back now.

I put my Crash Boards all the way down seeing as they'll be a Terror in the open court and they've still gotten a few breakaway Slams based purely on how fast Wade and Lebron are.

BTW. Dwight has been racking up rebounds with 8 already, 3 of those being offensive ones. It seems the key to beating this teams is getting it down low.

NCAA FB: Rutgers
NCAA BB: UCONN
NBA: Knicks
NFL: GIANTS.
MLB: Mets

Last edited by TalentedJB; 07-09-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
its sad that you guys think that way even before you play 2k11. Cheesing refers mostly to forcing shots in the paint but if Belbua fixed the D and lowered PIP% than why worry?
"Cheesing" does NOT refer mostly to forcing shots in the paint. "Cheesing" is when you knowingly and repeatedly take advantage of a known flaw in the game.

And in regards to the OP, yeah, of course everyone is going to use the Heat now....Unfortunately that's part of sports.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
"Cheesing" does NOT refer mostly to forcing shots in the paint. "Cheesing" is when you knowingly and repeatedly take advantage of a known flaw in the game.
The most significant cheese in NBA 2k always happens in the paint.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #28
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm gonna use my old team, the Miami Heat.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #29
Rookie

TalentedJB's Arena

So I lost....lol the Score was 72-74.

With 10 seconds left in the game, Chris Bosh hits a top of the key wide open jumper to leave me with 7.2 seconds back at my end to counter and tie up the game...i never do lol...Rashard Lewis missed a heavily contested baseline jumper to tie it up and that was it.

Some important Game Notes:

*A lot of the Heat's Shots were either in the paint, from the free throw line or make or break 3's. I took away a lot of their mid range (though D Wade hit a 3 shots from mid range) and in-the-paint game by running the 2-3 so the had to settle a couple times. They shot 49% from the field and 37% from 3. With Wally going 2-2, Wade 1-3 and Lebron 0-4.

Obviously the 3 is going to make or break this team (real life and in video game land) if teams are correctly strategizing and taking away their in the paint points.

* The rebound margin was: Heat 24 to the Magic's 31. Dwight lead the way with 13.

* Once in the open floor. Pray. That's all you can do. Because on adjusted sliders and Hall of Fame difficulty the Heat are going to convert on the break.

* I'm not sure if it's the Heat's Playbook or if it's written in the game code or what? But from playing that game this is obviously D Wade's team. The offense runs through him the majority of the time.

* lol it was cool to still see Lebron's powder dust routine at the start of the game. I thought that was simply canned for the Cavs. Another cool tidbit was when D Wade was attacking my defense going 1 on 1. I heard someone in the crowd say: "Pass Lebron the ball." lol so that was cool to see.

* Speaking of 1 on 1. I very seldom developed any substantial offense running one on one vs. the big three. Most of my offense came through pick and roll/pop with Rashard and Dwight and even sometimes Vince (being the roll/pop man), posting up Dwight, running plays, getting set shot jumpers to go down or simply getting second chance buckets. With the athleticism and on ball D. that the big three possess plus the added difficulty of sliders (on ball defense for the CPU is at 75) it was tough breaking them down (granted i didn't have any amazing ball handlers or quick guards).

NCAA FB: Rutgers
NCAA BB: UCONN
NBA: Knicks
NFL: GIANTS.
MLB: Mets
Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #30
Say whaaa?

13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
I'm gonna use my old team, the Miami Heat.
Haha, yeah when I was writing that option I had that in mind, but whatever.

Retired U.S.A.F.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'll admit it since nobody else will...I'll use the heat it'll be a fun team to play with...but I'm from LA so my favorite team in the Lakers so I wont have ne problem playing the heat cuz I'll just use LA..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz0376
I'll admit it since nobody else will...I'll use the heat it'll be a fun team to play with...but I'm from LA so my favorite team in the Lakers so I wont have ne problem playing the heat cuz I'll just use LA..
We get it man lol...

you'll use the Lakers and Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »