Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #297
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywv30
I just think its great we get to play with all these historic teams again. I will be playing this at LEAST as much as with the current rosters. If I was a fan of a team that is not expected to do very good this year I might play EXCLUSIVELY with the classic roster.
I'll definitely admit I'm happy about having an alternative Pistons squad to the 2010-11 offering. I always like re-making the 2004 Pistons as well, so it appears options will abound.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #298
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

From Ronnie2K:

Quote:
I will be releasing the #NBA2K11 Developer Insight before I leave the office to grab my flight to Vegas at 5.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 07-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #299
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

anyone think there will be more classic teams other than the ones that were already announced? maybe they have to be unlocked or something like that?
Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #300
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryT531
anyone think there will be more classic teams other than the ones that were already announced? maybe they have to be unlocked or something like that?
2K guys tend to not give too many details beyond the Insight, so you never know. But I would assume there won't be any because it seems to me nearly impossible to create a mode with as many teams as the "real" game has (acutally more), especially when you need permission from every player that you use. People want 2XAPF 2K8, but only as a little mode inside the real game. I can't see it happening. What we already have is amazing to me.

ZX Spectrum
Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #301
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I was going to mention that actually. Even though I'm a HUGE UNC fan, I will be the first one to tell you that Scottie Pippen did not--I repeat DID NOT--foul former Tar Heel Hubert Davis; that was a phantom call. So yes: I agree with your #1. As unbelievable as it may sound, that "awesome" Knicks team WOULD HAVE been beaten by a Jordan-less Bulls squad because Pippen was playing on an MVP level that year. Yes, I agree with your #2: you gotta be kidding me if you think the Bulls would have beaten the Knicks but lost to the Pacers; c'mon.

But that's where I think it sadly ends. I think Pip was the MVP that year, but Olajuwon was the best player and that Rockets team was for real. The Bulls would have made it 4 Finals appearances in a row, but the Rockets would have taken the title IMO. However I do think it's laughable when Rockets fans say they would have beaten the Bulls WITH Jordan. That's one of the many differences between Kobe and Michael: Michael NEVER lost in the Finals. NEVER. NE-VER. And he would not have lost that one against Houston either. And I say this while still being a huge Kenny Smith fan; I'm just a realist.
Again, I totally agree. Phantom call. Pippen at MVP level. Bulls make final. Rockets likely win. Pippen would have needed to be the best player in every game and I think if Olajuwon was better in 3 and Pippen better in 4 games the Rockets win due to match ups. I'm glad it all turned out as it did, I think there's only 5 teams in NBA history to never lose in the NBA finals. Am glad the Bulls are one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 12:07 AM   #302
Rookie

OVR: 1

kevin harlem is my favorite annoucer but he doesn't sound like he does in real life
he needs to be more explosive and have better commentary
Old 07-31-2010, 12:34 AM   #303
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded_24
kevin harlem is my favorite annoucer but he doesn't sound like he does in real life
he needs to be more explosive and have better commentary
Kevin Harlem? Is he a rapper?

Anyway, he's my favorite as well. I actually like the way he sounds in the game. It's much better than what was 2 years ago, in my opinion.

ZX Spectrum

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »