Home

NBA 2K11 Preview and New Screenshots (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Preview and New Screenshots (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #41
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K11 Preview and New Screenshots (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
The controls will be ideal for me if:

- They make the ability to walk, jog, and sprint 100% pressure sensitive to the left stick. No context animations. No triggers. Also make the transition from walk to jog to sprint and back gradual and smooth; also have to where a player can't stop on a dime from a sprint and his momentum carries him forward extra steps.

- Bring back the defensive crouch button. Also let me play the ball handler to a particular side similar to what they had in 2K9. Part of player a good ball handler is to try to force him to his weak hand or force him to go the side where your help defense is.

- (Like mentioned a few posts before mine) Bring back the post up button. Allow users to post up ANYWHERE including the perimeter a la Mark Jackson (while still enforcing the 5 sec back to the basket rule of course). Also allow offensive players to back down defensive players. Get rid of that "deadlock" animation where the players just wouldn't move. At least show some resistance for both players if you want to emulate a weaker player attempting to back down a stronger player.

- Bring back the ability to fake pass. I MISS THIS.

- Give me the ability to determine the speed and trajectory of my passes. Make passes pressure sensitive like the Maximum Passing feature in the football games. Tap to throw overhead lob passes; hold to throw chest passes or passes into tight spaces and closing windows. Let passers over lead their recipients (to cause unforced turnovers) or throw the ball well ahead of a teammate initiate fast breaks.

- By 1:1 dribbling controls, I hope they mean the ability to determine WHICH hand a player dribbles with. They already have Offhand Ball Security Ratings in the game. Let's actually make it count this year!

I'm glad to see some of my wishes were added!! 3 out of 6 ain't bad, especially with a game that's still 2 months away. Any chance of adding the other 3???? I can't wait for October!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #42
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
Yeah, 2K10 was the best sports game when it came to graphics, especially in the Create-A-Player department. Now, is it just me, or does 2K11 look similar to 2K8?
Haha, I've already said that. I think it's the blurring effect.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #43
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I'm glad to see some of my wishes were added!! 3 out of 6 ain't bad, especially with a game that's still 2 months away. Any chance of adding the other 3???? I can't wait for October!!
Quote:
- They make the ability to walk, jog, and sprint 100% pressure sensitive to the left stick. No context animations. No triggers. Also make the transition from walk to jog to sprint and back gradual and smooth; also have to where a player can't stop on a dime from a sprint and his momentum carries him forward extra steps.
hmm hopefully they added this as well with the new control scheme...pressure sensitive movement is a must!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:58 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 23

I need gameplay vids i can't wait for this game to hit the shelves but i need to see some ACTUAL 2K11 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE in order for me to confirm my preorder
Old 07-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Through other finite motions with the left stick (such as going from the left to tapping to the right to going back to the left) you can pull off things like an in and out and a double crossover. Spin moves are pulled off how you'd expect, but in NBA 2K11 the stars of the game make better use of them than ever before.
So does this mean cheesers can spam dribble moves to get by you?

Quote:
Total Control Passing button prompts, but this time when you press a player's icon you'll be presented with a list of plays for that player. You can also instantly become that player with a press of the right shoulder button and send him on a cut in any direction you want with a flick of the right stick.
This is absolute sickness, disease, epidemic!! Especially with Jordan in the game.

Quote:
You know how Kobe does that little spin move directly into a pull-up jumper? Lakers haters despise it, I'm sure, but that's not stopping it from making an appearance in this year's game and looking great.
Now is this move only applicable within a certain range of the basket or is the control system intuitive enough where we can perform the move even beyond the 3point line? Like his patented last second shots.

Quote:
If you want to intentionally miss the guy cutting, you could always fake the pass (new this year) with the B button (Circle on PS3), causing the defender to swipe at the ball and drive to the hole instead.
I'm hoping there's an advantage to this. Like if the defender goes for a steal as I fake pass I can get by him easier.

Additional comments -

The bodies in the screenshots did not look "inflated" perhaps they spent time on working the skeletons this season to look better proportioned?

Kobe still looks like a zombie

PS3 ARC SUPPORT? Hopefully we can mo-cap our own signature shots into the game

Last edited by michaeljordanjr; 07-29-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #46
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Great stuff! Glad Mike's bringing back some of the ideas with him. I'm so happy to hear a pass fake is in the game. That's gonna make for some sick fast breaks and sequences. Rondo's gonna be ridiculous.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 07-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 14

For those complaining about graphics, wait till you see the game in motion. Screenshots rarely do the game justice. That being said, there are some things I am personally pleased with.

1. Breaking out of physical and dribble animations
2. More responsive and detailed isomotion controls(It sounds like moves such as the euro-step are controllable as opposed to random based on a layup package)
3. The return of manual post up, and the ability to do so anywhere on the court
4. Enhanced passing and off-ball options
5. More intuitive play calling options
6. Enhanced collision engine, including in-air collisions

Pretty happy with with the info thusfar.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #48
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: IGN PREVIEW UP

It sounds all good, but then again, it is 2K we're talking about.

Quote:
Spin moves are pulled off how you'd expect, but in NBA 2K11 the stars of the game make better use of them than ever before.
Um, sure hope not. 2K9...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »