Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #49
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: Making a Smarter Game

I didn't expect to get such a informative blog 2 months out. I would list all the things I liked, but that would just be me copying and pasting the whole blog.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #50
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
No it isn't....online gaming the the #1 priority for me. I never play NBA2k games for their single player or Association mode....why?? Because the AIs simply are not good enough. Maybe this year might be different based on what the producers said about the AIs offensively and defensively. But then again...i heard this talk of improvements every year ....i am not convinced until i played the game. But nothing can beat HUMAN INTELLIGENCE!! That's where the fun is for me.

So i am wondering if online going to have 3 seperate lobbies now? One for Default, Casual and one for Simulation? I think i prefer Default. And if the game play realistic and not lagging, i will try simulation.

Thats YOU not the rest of us

This Insight is about the AI so all of the online talk doesnt belong in here, so lets not clog this thread up with online talk

...and most of all the AI should be the most important aspect of making the game #1 point blank, and Thank Goodness 2k decided to highlight that by talking about the AI this soon and as one of their first blogs
Old 08-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #51
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

The cut off move also doubles as the ankles broke button. Especially if cut off one way and the ballhandlers going the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 10:35 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 6

The Game Style thing is cool......if it carries over to online too.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4
this game sounds amazing already. it seems they worked a lot on the gameplay. all i need now is some gameplay vids. elite is nothing compared to 2k.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 33

Now this is an insight ... as high as my expectations were, this insight has more than satisfied me ... I wish 2k at least let MW to be cosupervising the info that its released on those insights ... specifically, what is being said and how is being said. No mancrush or biase here, it is just that I need this level of detail for the rest of the insights that may come after and he is experienced in providing that.

Those new tendencies are indeed going to expand the level of signature play and hopefully, will be updated when appropiate. I just hope that within those many third party consultants, one will replace the 2kinsider and his out of scale updates. On the other hand, with each expansion, the work of the unnoficial editors become more ... thus also, more distinc and apparent.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 08-06-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight "Making a Smarter Game"

game style sounds great. It really puzzles me how both b-ball games took out the presets and things from the past gens and now it looks like 2k is expanding on that idea.Overall a nice technical blog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 10

everyone love reading simulation level BUT will it be unused like nba lives 10 simulation lobby? i think so because if scoring is to hard people will go back to default

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »