Home

More NBA 2K11 Demo Videos From Gamescom (PSGBlog)

This is a discussion on More NBA 2K11 Demo Videos From Gamescom (PSGBlog) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: More NBA 2K11 Demo Videos From Gamescom (PSGBlog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
No, you're not. I stated something similar about another demo posted a few days ago. I hope that it's just all speculation and not what will become of the final product
They said this game was all about polish so why would there be a big leap.
LeBron James #6 2010-2011 FINALS MVP

J. Cole BEST OF FRESHMAN CLASS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #42
Rookie

I think to the untrained eye...you cant tell much difference...but for those that dont see the differences...to me..u can easily see that:

1...the locomotion looks alot better...when players move out to a open area..they automatically catch the ball facing the basket in a "shoot-ready" position...this may seem small but this is a big help on offense.

2...the new step back moves they've added seem to actually have some usefulness compared to prior games...they look to creat ALOT of space and are pretty quick and slick...not so much predictable and easy to guard.

3...blocks seem to be less "canned"...which SHOULD mean better post defense and less wild offensive moves in the post that's are always successful.

4...LANE STEALS looks wayyyy more effective and easier...which means..people wont be making crazy passes and being successful...this will balance everything out alot more..another feature that looks small on paper but will be BIG for this game.

5...it seems...there i say..SEEMS like you can finally do quick pull up jumpers without the slowwwwww gather...

6...i've seen in a few videos a crossover while on the move that looks very effective..its hard to tell if its all user controlled..but if it is...seems like dribble moves will be more effective that more manual...not some automatic successful move.

7..im seeing more contact on drives...which SHOULD promote more midrange game...and less slashing to the paint all game....last years game was basically all inside game and 3 point game...u really didnt have to shoot midrange jumpers at all....this is one of the biggest gripes of these basketball games..im hoping we HAVE to use alot of midrange game this time around...because the inside game was just waaaay to easy.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #43
MVP

Basketball GURU's Arena

OVR: 15
this game looks like 2k10???... what exactly is it suppose to look like???? of course its gonna look similar to 2k10. 2k10 wasnt bad was it? this is gonna be the best bball game this year
Old 08-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 18

Idk, I was saying it looked like 2k10 from screens, but the players look better in these videos than 2k10 imo. Doesn't look like 2k10 much to me anymore.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 08-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #45
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Very nice so far.

My only concern at this time is the footwork. I see less skating and one-foot spinning, but the foot/floor interaction could use some work. I'd like the players to look more grounded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #46
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Thanks for the videos.

But why don't they ever let me watch the auto-replays? I keep hoping to see one, but no - they press a button!
i know, that is driving me crazy, and it doesnt help that the camera isnt zoomed in
Old 08-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #47
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Its because the user is pressing the buttons to skip intros.
i really hope thats the case
Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #48
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
Man the gamers were frustrating to watch. What the heck is Brendan Haywood doing dribbling out on the perimeter?

Game looking nice though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »