Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #81
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing

Great insight, like the variation of passes and how important the passing rating is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #82
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
im not sure if i'll use the new thing where you control somebody off the ball THAT often, i probably will use that more during the Jordan Challenge to get my boy open. but i will be testing out the right stick passing for sure, and im excited that they fixed the stuff for the left stick + A passing and the direct passing (icons) that definitely needed fixing and low and behold it got it. 2K developers just might be the best game developers in the business.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #83
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
im not sure if i'll use the new thing where you control somebody off the ball THAT often, i probably will use that more during the Jordan Challenge to get my boy open. but i will be testing out the right stick passing for sure, and im excited that they fixed the stuff for the left stick + A passing and the direct passing (icons) that definitely needed fixing and low and behold it got it. 2K developers just might be the best game developers in the business.
I think they said you're already player locked in the Jordan Challenge
Old 08-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm just glad they put back in fake passing...all other passes will be icing on the cake for me..lol man I can't wait for this game to come out....seriously...lol
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 4
Im so glad they improved the passing. Im tired of seeing overhead passes. They look really weird. I also hope they fix the half calf sleeve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 14

If they would have just said "we adjusted the speed of passes this year" I would have been content.

No more defying the laws of gravity overhead lob passes. Thank goodness!

I can't want to see real passes on the kick out that don't hit the shooter directly in the hands. I can't wait to see players being moved out of position by bad passers.

Also can't wait for more chest and bounce passes. Nice insight.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #87
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
As a SIM baller I know you need to see for yourself. But from what I played its legit for the both the cpu and the user. Bad passers making difficult passes take guys out of the great position they had to score. I have seen it more than a few times.
What about lob passes when the defenders are fronting the post? Or is fronting the post something the AI CPU still not do even on Simulation Game Style?

Quote:
2. Post Feeds – Most of the time you tried to feed the post last year the result was a lob pass. This became very predictable and because of the slow speed of the lob, the defender of the passer could double down by the time the post player was ready to put the ball on the floor. It was frustrating and really hindered the post game. We’ve improved this tremendously by working with our post feed logic, allowing for more bounce wrap passes into the post. This includes wrap passes while standing and while on the move as seen above from Jameer to Dwight. We can now intelligently decide whether to throw a lob or a wrap bounce pass. And even though I knew it would make a big difference, I was really caught off guard by just how much better our game now looks and feels when it comes to entering passes into players who have their defenders sealed in the post. It’s also yet another deceptively large reason to use the post game.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #88
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Great Dev Insight. Here's what I'm hoping for with the passing:

Passing Difficulty Ladder
Stationary passer to Stationary
Stationary passer to moving target
Moving passer to Stationary Target
Moving Passer to Moving Target
Moving Passer to Moving/Airborne Target
Airborne passer to Moving target
Modify all of the above for speed of passer, speed of target and effectiveness of defense in the given situation.

The passing skill level should determine player proficiency in the above areas, with only elite passers being skilled at all of them, yet still suffering penalties for attempting difficult passes against difficult defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »