Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:25 AM   #97
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing

Hey wassup my fellow 2K comrades? This is Zach from 2K Sports and the author of the Insight in discussion. I'm very happy that you've taken the time to read the article and post comments. It seems as though we're still seeing eye to eye on the improvements and innovations that passing required for NBA 2K11. It's nearing 10:30pm, the wife is at work and the baby is asleep. This is MY time!!! I will often be here checking your posts, but if you're nerdy enough like me to be on here this late, I'm willing to answer your passing questions right now. If not, post one and I'll try my best to get back to you.

A quick background: I'm originally from Iowa, I'm a Bulls/Chiefs/ISU Cyclones fan, I'm married and I have a 9.5 month old that is being recruited by all D1 schools for every sport known to man, I ran College Hoops for 3 years from 6 to 8 (oh do I ever miss thee), I love you guys, I love Wheat Thins and I hit the game winning three pointer in lunch ball today. That's about all you need to know about me for now.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:31 AM   #98
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life
Hey wassup my fellow 2K comrades? This is Zach from 2K Sports and the author of the Insight in discussion. I'm very happy that you've taken the time to read the article and post comments. It seems as though we're still seeing eye to eye on the improvements and innovations that passing required for NBA 2K11. It's nearing 10:30pm, the wife is at work and the baby is asleep. This is MY time!!! I will often be here checking your posts, but if you're nerdy enough like me to be on here this late, I'm willing to answer your passing questions right now. If not, post one and I'll try my best to get back to you.

A quick background: I'm originally from Iowa, I'm a Bulls/Chiefs/ISU Cyclones fan, I'm married and I have a 9.5 month old that is being recruited by all D1 schools for every sport known to man, I ran College Hoops for 3 years from 6 to 8 (oh do I ever miss thee), I love you guys, I love Wheat Thins and I hit the game winning three pointer in lunch ball today. That's about all you need to know about me for now.
Welcome aboard Zach... Love the name man... I miss that series so much =(

Can we ever get CH to come back??

Ok you dont have to answer that one but anything is gravy.

With all of the passing and such as was discussed earlier, does the defense have counters to balance out this stuff so that the passing and offense isnt so overpowering, especially in the post?
Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #99
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

Welcome aboard, man. Here's some questions:

When you fake a pass while moving, can you travel?

Can you fake a pass and then shoot?

Does speed affect the movement of your pass fake? Example: If you're walking on the perimeter, you might stop and plant for a pass fake. If you're trotting along the baseline, you are moving too fast to stop without traveling, so you have to get rid of the ball one way or another. If you're running full speed on the fast break, you might jump because your speed gives you more time in the air.

What kinds of circumstances lead to bad passes?

What kinds of circumstances lead to turnovers?

In the situation of turnovers, can you describe the behavior of the ball? In past games, the ball either seemed to go out of bounds, or bounce directly into the hands of another player, rather than cause the burst of chaos that happens with a loose ball.

Thanks man, and good luck.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #100
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:

Is Icon passing controlled the same as 2k9 and 2k10 by tapping R1(PS3) to bring up the icons? Or do we have to hold a button to bring up the Icons?
Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #101
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

So many Chicago fans on the 2K staff.

Welcome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 AM   #102
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I hit the game winning three pointer in lunch ball today.
Nice little plugin there haha and great to see you on board Zach hope you've got some tough skin...

And I really enjoyed the work you and the other guys put in CH2K8 hopefully even more of that game can make it into 2K11 this year.

Last edited by Jano; 08-25-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:35 AM   #103
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Nice to have another 2k guy on here, someone else besides Mike and Eric to complain too.

Was talking with some users about this the other day but something that bothered me in last years game was finesse PF and them posting up. Doesn't even have to be finesse PF but if you play a wing at the PF position they tend to post up more than they normally should. I saw Lewis try to post up on Martin in the Magic Nuggets video so any tweaks that a 6 min clip wont show.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:41 AM   #104
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

Hey Zach, I really do appreciate all the hard work that has been put into this..... I also greatly appreciate you guys for listening and reading feedback from the fans.... Remember, this is what makes 2k The greatest....
Anyway questions to get out of the way that some fans have been trying to get an answer to:
1: Have you guys fixed the calf sleeve glitch where it makes the sock dissappear.
2. Have you guys fixed the head band (LeBron) where the NBA logo is not in the middle.
3. My own question, when are we going to get more gameplay footage!! :P

Your answers are greatly appreciated...Thanks a bunch

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »