Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #33
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I'm skeptical on the "passer rating matters now" stuff, I feel like we've been hearing that for years without it actually happening. This article makes it sound better then ever, but yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.
As a SIM baller I know you need to see for yourself. But from what I played its legit for the both the cpu and the user. Bad passers making difficult passes take guys out of the great position they had to score. I have seen it more than a few times.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #34
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6

Loving the ability to throw oops from the post especially can finally replicate this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLpGceZvjsI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBIAiKy1ftE

and just for good measure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55p4-hn0deU
Old 08-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #35
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I know some of the control scheme is going to confuse the heck out of me at first but since I did play Live last year I cant wait to try out the some of the right stick passing.

It was one of my favorite additions to basketball and it makes transitioning a ton better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Something new that we’ve never done before is allow the ability to fake a pass while in the post, ala Pau Gasol. This will keep the players engaged and will add another element of versatility to the moves in the post game.
Oh yeah! This is something I felt missing from last year's post-up moves. This new passing system should expand the Lakers's triangle offense.

One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments
Old 08-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #37
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

its amazing so amazing got everybody fired up this evening, am exausted barely breathing holding on to what i belive in nooooooo matter what they'll neva take that from me, my reign is as far as the eys can c
its amazing so amazing its amazing its amazing

nba 2k11=money well spent its amazing
Old 08-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM007
As one of those guys who get more enjoyment out of a pass than a shot, this insight touched me in a way no other insight has so far.

I wonder if the positioning of a pass to a shooter affects his rhythm?

Even if not, thank you Zach and all else who worked on this important aspect of the game!
I agree, one of the best insights that I have ever read ... and he didnt even mentioned all they did ... it has me more than hyped again (and I though nothing would surpass the MJ effect).

On the other hand, what has made me a little precaucious is that with all this new arsenal: fake passes - lob passes - bounce passes - hand tips passes - wrąp passes - kick out passes ... they have seem to make the post game even more dominant ? (I am guessing that they have also addressed the offensive moves downlow) ... hope that the effectiveness of the passing rating really comes into play (and that the post defense and help defense were also addressed) or it would be even more enticing to go for a paint fest.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 08-24-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #39
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
Oh yeah! This is something I felt missing from last year's post-up moves. This new passing system should expand the Lakers's triangle offense.
Guys who like the triangle are in for a treat this year. Without the magic speed recovery that is in 2k10. And with the improved spacing in 2k11 double teaming has a consequence from what I experienced.

The combination of improved footplanting. lack of superhuman recovery speed and better spacing on offense means that if you have the personel your going to be able to punish bad double teams and get high percentage open shots if you have the guys to knock them down.

Also they have accurately replicated some of the other issues that arise form ill timed double teams like getting beat on the offensive glass... of course that depends on matchups as well but if they double you will can get open shots.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1
great insight, its gonna b even harder 2 stop my post game lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »