Home

Q: Jordan challenge Qtr time

This is a discussion on Q: Jordan challenge Qtr time within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
Icon5 Q: Jordan challenge Qtr time

Well, mods - I thought this warranted It's own little thread, if you disagree - as always, feel free to lock.

So, in the ESPN article they state the the quarter length for TJC is locked in at 8 minutes.
Does that mean it is in default gamestyle?
Will it not be possible to play this on simulation and 10/11/12 minutes?

For me, at least, this is somewhat of a dealbraker for this mode since it would force me to play at a pace I do not enjoy.

I do not mean I'm throwing up some silly "ain't buying this" threat.
Not at all, it's just dissapointing if this is the case.

I hope we can get this clarified.

Also, will the difficulty level also be set in stone for TJC?

As I do not have a Twitter account, I can't ask Mr. Wang directly through there, but if someone would do it it would be much appreciated,

Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Q: Jordan challenge Qtr time

Why is everyone complaining about custom games you do know you can play with all the oldie teams from the beginning in exhibition games using whatever sliders and rules you want, or am I missing something? mods true or not?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:10 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhman
Why is everyone complaining about custom games you do know you can play with all the oldie teams from the beginning in exhibition games using whatever sliders and rules you want, or am I missing something? mods true or not?
Dude you've completely missed everything...........AIR BALL!!

Not real happy if the jordan challenges are locked at 8min qrts, didn't 2k learn anything from 2k10 and the My Player 5 min qtr debacle. Give us the option to play the game how WE want, not lock us in to a set qtr length and difficulty level
Old 08-31-2010, 03:16 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

8 minute quarters in 2K10 got me some pretty realistic stats, so i'm not sweating the setting (for now). 12 seems a bit excessive imo.

as for not being able to play at the pace you want, it's called the Jordan Challenge. whether it's 8 minutes or 12, you're gonna have to do some pretty intense stuff in a relatively short amount of time
Old 08-31-2010, 03:39 AM   #5
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

How can an awesome mode be a dealbreaker just because you can't change the quarter time? 8 minutes produces fairly realistic stats.

Besides, noone has said it's absolutely locked to 8 min. ESPN reported it at 8 minutes, but there's been no official word from 2K so why do you start panicking?

We're getting an awesome mode AND classic teams WITH Jordan. How can you be so selfish to even complain about it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 04:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
Dude you've completely missed everything...........AIR BALL!!

Not real happy if the jordan challenges are locked at 8min qrts, didn't 2k learn anything from 2k10 and the My Player 5 min qtr debacle. Give us the option to play the game how WE want, not lock us in to a set qtr length and difficulty level
NO duuude your complaining about a challenge mode, not my player mode jordan challenge is just like madden moments, and im sure they balance the game to reflect the quarter length. Jordan will not be rated a 48 or whatever you started out on in My Player mode, he will probably be rated 95-99 so all you have to do is make smart decisions with the rock, its problably not customizable at all
Old 08-31-2010, 04:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 12

@ Everyone:

I believe that my post was very reserved and balanced.
I am not shouting or crying and as I already stated in other threads it seems like the 2K team has gone all out this year and is delivering an incredible game!

That aside, I for one enjoy playing games with 10-11 minute quarter which to me, yield the best stats and representation of the NBA game.

Based on Beluba's posts, I'm looking forward very much to getting scores in the 75-120 point range this year even with 12 minute quarters! REALLY EXCITED!

For me , I would like to re-live this classic games as they happened, and not on steroids.

@KyotoKarl - This is not a dealbraker for the game! I clearly stated that. Only for my enjoyment of the mode, maybe. So I fell that your accusing me of shell-fish-ness in completely unjustified, I merely want to ensure we are getting the best experience possible.

Also, I too would not place to much weight on ESPN's statements.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:40 AM   #8
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
@ Everyone:

@KyotoKarl - This is not a dealbraker for the game! I clearly stated that. Only for my enjoyment of the mode, maybe. So I fell that your accusing me of shell-fish-ness in completely unjustified, I merely want to ensure we are getting the best experience possible.

Also, I too would not place to much weight on ESPN's statements.
Sorry about that, but there's just so much nitpicking and complaining going on that it kinda gets tiresome.

The 8 quarter thing was mentioned by ESPN, and was not an official statement from 2K. We don't know if it's locked to 8 minutes or if you can change it. What ESPN got to play might have been a demo with fixed settings just for them to try out. The final product might be more liberal and customizable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »