Home

Big guys automatically get their positions down low, makes PIP still a problem?

This is a discussion on Big guys automatically get their positions down low, makes PIP still a problem? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 04:57 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Big guys automatically get their positions down low, makes PIP still a problem?

I know the demo is only at PRO, but like, whenever I want to feed the ball to Gasol or Bynum is so easy, the AI defence down low is pretty bad, they never do other things but to go behind the post man, so is easy to pass the ball inside and score...because whenever I make a pass, the guy is already like super close to the basket, also back down is so easy, I can back down a guy 4 times a roll and I am already underneath the basket, I am so worried about this because this is a cheese move and lead to lots of POINTS IN THE PAINT, ONCE AGAIN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Big guys automatically get their positions down low, makes PIP still a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
I know the demo is only at PRO, but like, whenever I want to feed the ball to Gasol or Bynum is so easy, the AI defence down low is pretty bad, they never do other things but to go behind the post man, so is easy to pass the ball inside and score...because whenever I make a pass, the guy is already like super close to the basket, also back down is so easy, I can back down a guy 4 times a roll and I am already underneath the basket, I am so worried about this because this is a cheese move and lead to lots of POINTS IN THE PAINT, ONCE AGAIN!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this wont be an exploit. Maybe offline but not online. Playing on sim superstar should lower the shot percentages and more importantly the manual double team will always deter long backdowns in the post. Not only that you might have the option to front the post and you will have the option to switch matchups pick your double teams go for steals and time the contest with onball defense. Lots of ways to defend it.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #3
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Big guys automatically get their positions down low, makes PIP still a problem?

IIRC the passing lanes should be played better by AI controlled players this year. This would at least make the entry pass more difficult/risky.

But I agree this would be something that needs improvement at some time, if people can just jog into prime scoring position beneath the basket. Because it puts more pressure on the defense and puts the offensive-defensive balance a bit out of whack, at least compared to the real thing.
It's not even only about the PiP stats but the overall flow of a match.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:39 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Well i hope that's not the case cause at first i kinda thought the same with you. And i would like to hear one of the devs saying that's not the case.

But after seeing da czar's 'ten days ten teams videos' i kinda relieved that ai is doing an incredible job of noticing your 'go to plays' and forces you to think twice b4 you do the same plays over and over again.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Ive seen alot of josteling down low....there a some possesions where Garnett str8 denies Pau the ball....As for scoring....you cant really guage it....its a casual game on Pro....thats simply fact...more often than not youll make more than you miss...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

You think its on PRO....They say its on PRO...It plays move like its on rookie if you ask me..
Old 09-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 21

I'm pretty sure the Czar said that on the higher levels the cpu works to stop what players try to abuse, and think he gave examples. Don't want to sound like I'm making an excuse but it's a demo; the game has to be accessible to a broad audience. Don't think we should start overreacting at this point.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

^^Exactly^^

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »