Home

PC version v Consoles?

This is a discussion on PC version v Consoles? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PC version v Consoles?

I'm getting the PC version for the first time this year due to the mods.

I've heard that missing players are often hidden in the PC files (Anfernee Hardaway last year.)

Is this true?

Is there a chance that the missing all decade players will be hidden in 2k11?
Old 10-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #18
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision

You are super late!!!!

I got a whole thread in the CH section of OS...full games, not trailers.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ns-series.html
Old 10-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #19
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

I had 2k10 on the 360 last year but picked up the PC version later in the year and it was a good choice. Although it kind of killed the console version but that was already gone in my eyes due to the big man 3pt glitch. Just couldn't play it.

The mods are great. Although I don't muck around too much with them, I had a great time with the old school rosters from 96, 2000, etc. Yeah 2k11 is introducing the Bulls this year but I've been using the Bulls teams for a while now and others with full rosters.

For multiple files, if you have the HDD space, I just set up many different folders. So install 2k10 and then make however many copies of that folder I need and replace graphics from within there. I just run the correct .exe dependent on which roster I fire up. Might be an easier way but that works for me.

This year, I'll be picking up the 360 version once again and the PC version later down the line. Mods take time and if you want the game patched, past releases indicate they take a while on the PC. My plan I guess is to use the console for current NBA gaming and the PC for my old school NBA gaming using mods.

Also, grabbing a new HTPC this month so I'll be playing it on my 55 inch HDTV which is great and a big step up from the 24 inch I used last year.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #20
Rookie

What's the best place to download mods?

Moddingway?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #21
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
This year, I'll be picking up the 360 version once again and the PC version later down the line. Mods take time and if you want the game patched, past releases indicate they take a while on the PC.
Same.

Last year I just went for the PC version (wasn't feeling 2k10 nearly enough to pay the full 60 for it).

Do we know if there will be custom music for the PC version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am pretty much in the same boat as the OP

I have never played a PC game before and I am looking to maybe make that switch this year.

I have a 55" LED 3D Samsung and I have my PS3 hooked up to it but I can easily just connect my laptop instead...I dont have any gaming PC and am not sure what the difference could be...
- I have an Acer Aspire 5610Z...nothin special in my opinion...but is this sufficient to play NBA 2k11 on it or no?

- What are mods and how can I make them?

- Besides the supposed missing customizable music are there any other differences in features?
Old 10-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #23
Rookie

zendez33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8spree
I am pretty much in the same boat as the OP

I have never played a PC game before and I am looking to maybe make that switch this year.

I have a 55" LED 3D Samsung and I have my PS3 hooked up to it but I can easily just connect my laptop instead...I dont have any gaming PC and am not sure what the difference could be...
- I have an Acer Aspire 5610Z...nothin special in my opinion...but is this sufficient to play NBA 2k11 on it or no?

- What are mods and how can I make them?

- Besides the supposed missing customizable music are there any other differences in features?
Your laptop probably will not get the job done unfortunately. As much as I am against the ps3 version this year, in your case that would be the best bet.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #24
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't think the integrated graphics chip in your laptop will get it done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »