Home

How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

This is a discussion on How's Your Association Going? (2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #3121
Pro

OVR: 15
Re: How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

28-15 with the Lakers I traded Bynum and Artest for Melo and he and Kobe are number 1 and 3 in the league in scoring so it's definitely working only thing is Melo's thing still says he is gonna test free agency so hopefully I can keep him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #3122
MVP

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.kariya
Yi is his last name, first name Jian Lian
Yi is his last name, Jianlian if his first name.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #3123
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.kariya
Yi is his last name, first name Jian Lian
his name is yi jianlian, not jianlian yi. ming yao? chinese players have their first names on the backs of their jerseys, not the last
Old 02-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #3124
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
his name is yi jianlian, not jianlian yi. ming yao? chinese players have their first names on the backs of their jerseys, not the last
Yao is his family name and Ming is the name given to him by his parents.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:33 AM   #3125
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbird123
in my wizards franchise i lost manu Ginobli for 1-2 weeks to injury and Blatche 2-4 weeks with injury. now my starting 5 is

John Wall
Kirk Hinrich
Josh Howard
Yi i don't know how to spell his last name
and
Javale McGee
yo hows yi doing for ya my homeboi? i want to get this guy, but hes only rated 67, though he has a a- potential, i wonder if he can hit 80s in the third year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #3126
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaone08
see for me i love defense really. i love having a team that i can use to defense to win games thats like one thing i been wanted to do since i saw how the spurs and pistons was in the mid 2000's. i know its unreal but dwade and brone basically the same in different postions but i wanted a big man real bad. plus i got another one with the magic so that what made me want dwight
I use defense to win too, and that's what the Heat are known for is their remarkable defense this year. No one took it into account with all of the hype about how great the offense is going to be this past off-season, but I saw a team that would be great on defense, and I was right. Their second in the league in opponent's FG% and opponents 3P FG%, and 5 in points allowed. If that's not good defense I don't know what is.

Also, you don't really need a big guy. By the numbers, Joel Anthony is actually the best defender in the league when someone takes him into the post. This is actually true as unbelievable as it may seem, in large part thanks to LeBron and Wade swarming the offensive post player and being able to recover to the shooters and slashers. A center-by-committee approach is probably the most effective way to run the Heat with their Big 3 as they all do one or two things particularly well, so you insert one of them when the situation calls for it. Dampier for size and taking up space in the paint, Anthony for an athletic big man defender and is one of the best shot blockers in the NBA, and Illgauskas for stretching the defense and taking the center out of the paint, thus opening up lanes for Wade and LeBron. His length is also very underrated as he alters a lot of shots with his tremendous height and length.

Making it a whole lot simpler, do what you want and have fun with the game like you seem to be doing. I just like people to know how good the Heat are as currently constructed.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #3127
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak123
I use defense to win too, and that's what the Heat are known for is their remarkable defense this year. No one took it into account with all of the hype about how great the offense is going to be this past off-season, but I saw a team that would be great on defense, and I was right. Their second in the league in opponent's FG% and opponents 3P FG%, and 5 in points allowed. If that's not good defense I don't know what is.

Also, you don't really need a big guy. By the numbers, Joel Anthony is actually the best defender in the league when someone takes him into the post. This is actually true as unbelievable as it may seem, in large part thanks to LeBron and Wade swarming the offensive post player and being able to recover to the shooters and slashers. A center-by-committee approach is probably the most effective way to run the Heat with their Big 3 as they all do one or two things particularly well, so you insert one of them when the situation calls for it. Dampier for size and taking up space in the paint, Anthony for an athletic big man defender and is one of the best shot blockers in the NBA, and Illgauskas for stretching the defense and taking the center out of the paint, thus opening up lanes for Wade and LeBron. His length is also very underrated as he alters a lot of shots with his tremendous height and length.

Making it a whole lot simpler, do what you want and have fun with the game like you seem to be doing. I just like people to know how good the Heat are as currently constructed.
Spot on. And I won a title in year one taking the same approach the Heat are IRL.

I drafted a 7'6' center (Mo Timmerman) to replace Big Z and Dampier in my first off-season and he is fast becoming a rising talent on defense and his back to basket game. I added Tyson Chandler as a veteran presence and retained Juwan Howard. The team is constructed well. Even Chalmers is improving big time with his dimes and outside shooting. And Mike Miller and James Jones....when either or both are in the zone my team becomes a monster.

But like all NBA seasons the team goes through some rough patches. We are again off to a shaky start (3-2 as we trounced the Timberwolves last night by pulling away in the second half after shooting 36% in the first half). In year one we started 10-8 then went on a major tear.

The Heat are a blast to play with as they are out of the box. And Bosh is a guy that if you know how to use him can be deadly from 17 feet out as well as in the post. Plus he is a rebound machine averaging 11 boards a game. I find it funny that I see people pawn him off in this game for the sake of a PG. The Heat with Chalmers are fine. Plus Lebron, Wade and even Mike Miller can bring the ball up easily and run plays. They have so many options.

Yes a pure point guard is preferred...but I think it has been reqarding developing Chalmers through player drills and off-season camp so far. He has made leaps for me and through 5 games in my 2nd season is averaging 8 points and 10 dimes. If I can get that from him all season along with the big 3 and Miller....another title is within reach.

This second draft though I will be digging deep for a backup PG to develop to replace Eddie House. I let Arroyo go this past off season.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #3128
Rookie

I'm the Knicks and am playing a 29 game season (1 game in the Play-offs) 12 minutes with the Purist(s) sliders

I wanted to keep the game as realistic as possible so haven't blown up the roster or made any big FA signings.

I traded Roger Mason for Sacramento Kings' 2nd Round Pick in 2011 during the season as Mason was unhappy with playing time.

I went 17-12 in my first season and had some really good games, and some really bad games.

I went to the Play-Offs and beat The Celtics but lost to the Number 1 seed Pacers as I had a terribe game with turnovers (making them and failing to cause them)

Year One Roster

PG: Raymond Felton ( 13pts / 2.5rebs / 6.5ast / 2stl )
SG: Landy Fields ( 13pts / 4.5rebs / 3.5ast )
SF: Wilson Chandler ( 15pts / 5rebs / 1.5ast / 1blk / 1stl )
PF: Amare Stoudemire ( 22pts / 7rebs / 3ast / 1.5blk / 1.5stl )
C: Ronny Turiaf ( 6pts / 4rebs / 1blk )

6: Danillo Gallinari ( 18pts / 6.5rebs / 2 ast / 1stl / 1blk )

I was number one in Team Blocks, Team Steals, 3PT%

Gallo and Amare were in the Top 5 for FT% as was Toney Douglas for 3PT%

Year One Off-Season

I re-signed Bill Walker to his $971k Team Option and Ronny Turiaf accepted his $4.9m Player Option

I didn't go for Melo in FA as I was doing well with Wilson Chandler and had a good rythm with his shot, so I penned Chandler to a 5 year $63m contract and I aim to build around Amare and Chandler for the next 5 years

I traded Anthony Randolph for Roy Hibbert straight-up. I wanted to beef up the middle and get some height at the Centre position which Turiaf lacked. Hibbert was also a better option for Rebounding which had been a problem all season. Both had 1 year left on their current contracts.

I traded Ronny Turiaf plus 1st Round Pick (20) and the King's 2nd Round Pick (5) to the Bucks for their Number 8 selection in the draft.

I picked up a 6'9" 245lb Centre called Lynn Terrell, he is a 70 OVR and is a Defensive minded, I think he can play a bit of PF too, so I think he can spell both Amare and Hibbert should they get into Foul Trouble.

I filled out the roster with Troy Murphy, Josh Howard, Jason Williams and Peja Stojakovic all on 1 year contracts.

I have started the new season with a 2-1 start, beating the 76ers, losing to the Thunder and beating the Cavs.

I'm a little worried about coming into the new off-season.

Gallinari, Hibbert and Fields all expire and all of them will want hefty contracts, particularly Hibbert (6yrs $104m) I don't know what to do? Ideas?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »