Home

The Official Rate My Trade Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Rate My Trade Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #801
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

Here is the only problem I see:

Gilbert's contract is so bad, it almost sinks a franchise single-handedly.

The Jazz deal isn't terrible. But imagining that Gilbert and Jerry could co-exist is hard to do.

What about dealing him to the Cavs for Antawn and Parker/Gibson?

That one kind of makes sense. Or to LAC for Baron & someone?

Or maybe throw in a 1?

You should probably try to bail out the team you are doing the deal with on some level-- take on really bad contracts, give them a couple 1's or a 1 and a 2, etc.

I would start by looking around the league for really bad contracts (high $, terrible players) that don't expire for 2-3 years.

Gilbert is toxic. A good player, but toxic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-24-2010 at 01:45 PM.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #802
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Needed a starting SF that could hit a open 3 when Jennings or DeRozan penetrate because Maggette can't shoot 3s so I struck a deal with the Suns.

Bucks (Me) Get:
Josh Childress
Mickael Pietris

Suns Get:
Corey Maggette
Ersan Ilyasova

My Roster
PG- Jennings averaging 27 PPG, Keyon Dooling, Boykins
SG-Demar Derozan, Michael Redd, Mickael Pietris
SF-Josh Childress, Mickael Pietris, Carlos Delfino
PF-Bargnani, Drew Gooden, Hassan Whiteside
C-Marcus Camby, Gooden, Hassan Whiteside
__________________
Milwaukee Bucks Dynasty:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sociation.html
thaprodigyisback is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #803
MVP
 
J-Clutch1's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,466
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenieblue
Here is the only problem I see:

Gilbert's contract is so bad, it almost sinks a franchise single-handedly.

The Jazz deal isn't terrible. But imagining that Gilbert and Jerry could co-exist is hard to do.

What about dealing him to the Cavs for Antawn and Parker/Gibson?

That one kind of makes sense. Or to LAC for Baron & someone?

Or maybe throw in a 1?

You should probably try to bail out the team you are doing the deal with on some level-- take on really bad contracts, give them a couple 1's or a 1 and a 2, etc.

I would start by looking around the league for really bad contracts (high $, terrible players) that don't expire for 2-3 years.

Gilbert is toxic. A good player, but toxic.
Toxic? As in what? Bad for team chemistry? This isn't the real NBA. And you very well know that Jerry Sloan will retire a year or two after in this game.

For the OP, if you're affected by this, just do the Pacers one.
J-Clutch1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #804
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by V!n$an!+y
Toxic? As in what? Bad for team chemistry? This isn't the real NBA. And you very well know that Jerry Sloan will retire a year or two after in this game.

For the OP, if you're affected by this, just do the Pacers one.

Well, you have him for the next four years at 20 mil, meaning he will be the highest paid player on your team for four years. The salary cap is 58 mil. He is 28 and declining. And a team can't win with him as the highest paid player.

That's pretty toxic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #805
MVP
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

Pacers could have and granger come off at the same time for 30 mil! Summer of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ewing6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #806
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
Pacers could have and granger come off at the same time for 30 mil! Summer of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you're right. I just know...

Spoiler Alert


with the living rosters, Paul George turns out to be a nice little player.

Look, I'm only one opinion (GM). I just wouldn't acquire GA unless he got me salary cap relief a year early. I don't think he is a bad player, but his skills/age/contract are a bad combination.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian Avenarius Lloyd
[...] a man of subtlety or refinement is almost always nothing but an idiot.

Last edited by greenieblue; 12-24-2010 at 02:39 PM.
greenieblue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #807
MVP
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

Any more thoguhts here, I'm playing my first game since I couldn't think of anything else LOL
ewing6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #808
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2010
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

Hey guys ths is my first post so anyway tomorrows christmas and im getting 2k and im gonna be playing wit the thunder in association is there anyway to get john wall without giving up kd or westbrook dont really care about jeff green or draft picks
lambo_maggot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 AM.

Top -