Home

The Official Rate My Trade Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Rate My Trade Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #913
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

During the 2011 draft I made this trade:

Suns receive 17th overall pick and 2012 1st Round Pick from Nuggets for Josh Childress and 23rd overall pick.

My reasoning was I wanted to move up and take SF/SG Tyler Honeycutt from UCLA. He made Childress expendable. Also for Denver, Carmelo left so they needed a SF.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #914
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus
2 trades on my Association with the Bulls:

Bulls receive:
OJ Mayo

Grizzlies reeive
Ronnie Brewer
2011 2nd round pick

Bulls receive:
Tiago Spillter
1st round 2011
2nd round 2011
1st round 2012

Spurs receive:
Kurt Thomas
1st round 2011
1st round 2012
Straight up raped the Grizz ( I'm assuming you took their 1st rounders too)
Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #915
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Celtics trade: Nate Robinson (unhappy with PT), Semih Erden
Spurs trade: James Anderson, Matt Bonner, 2nd round pick

Celtics trade: Jermaine O'Neal
Thunder trade: Nenad Kristic, 1st round pick

Celtics trade: Marquis Daniels, Von Wafer, Thunder 1st round pick, Celtics 1st round pick
Pistons trade: Tracy McGrady, DaJuan Summers

I think I did a pretty good job with the trades here. Ray Allen was hurt when I acquired James Anderson so he started for then but he's kinda become a bench warmer now that I got TMac. Robinson ended up being a 6th man/role player for the Spurs, same with Erden, who actually did a pretty nice job in a Fabricio Oberto type role for them.

O'Neal ended up giving the Thunder a presence in the post and averaged around 15 ppg for them while Kristic is just a benchwarmer for me (only acquired him because I knew he'd be happy with his role on my team and the salaries matched). And then I was able to turn that 1st round pick and package it with all that other stuff to get TMac to take my team to the next level. I ended up with the best record in the league with about 64 wins I believe.

My other team is the Lakers and I think the only trade I made there was this:
Lakers Trade: Shannon Brown
Cavaliers trade: 1st round pick

Lakers trade: Matt Barnes
Pacers trade: Brandon Rush

Brown was unhappy with his playing time and the Cavaliers were interested according to Rumor Central so I looked at trade finder and that was the offer that Cleveland had on the table for Brown. Barnes was also unhappy so I went to Player Finder and looked for a SG that can shoot the ball and play solid defense and has a Laid Back personality and found Rush. I also ended up with Pooh Jeter on my team somehow, but I don't remember if he started with the team or if I got him in one of the trades somehow.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #916
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

Bulls receive:
OJ Mayo

Grizzlies reeive
Ronnie Brewer
2011 2nd round pick

Bulls receive:
Tiago Spillter
1st round 2011
2nd round 2011
1st round 2012

Spurs receive:
Kurt Thomas
1st round 2011
1st round 2012
Nice trade for you, you ripped the Grizzlies for OJ Mayo, real rumour are saying him or j.smith will go to the Bulls.
2001 Lakers
Old 01-03-2011, 05:49 AM   #917
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Celtics trade: Nate Robinson (unhappy with PT), Semih Erden
Spurs trade: James Anderson, Matt Bonner, 2nd round pick

Celtics trade: Jermaine O'Neal
Thunder trade: Nenad Kristic, 1st round pick

Celtics trade: Marquis Daniels, Von Wafer, Thunder 1st round pick, Celtics 1st round pick

I think I did a pretty good job with the trades here. Ray Allen was hurt when I acquired James Anderson so he started for then but he's kinda become a bench warmer now that I got TMac. Robinson ended up being a 6th man/role player for the Spurs, same with Erden, who actually did a pretty nice job in a Fabricio Oberto type role for them.

O'Neal ended up giving the Thunder a presence in the post and averaged around 15 ppg for them while Kristic is just a benchwarmer for me (only acquired him because I knew he'd be happy with his role on my team and the salaries matched). And then I was able to turn that 1st round pick and package it with all that other stuff to get TMac to take my team to the next level. I ended up with the best record in the league with about 64 wins I believe.

My other team is the Lakers and I think the only trade I made there was this:
Lakers Trade: Shannon Brown
Cavaliers trade: 1st round pick

Lakers trade: Matt Barnes
Pacers trade: Brandon Rush

Brown was unhappy with his playing time and the Cavaliers were interested according to Rumor Central so I looked at trade finder and that was the offer that Cleveland had on the table for Brown. Barnes was also unhappy so I went to Player Finder and looked for a SG that can shoot the ball and play solid defense and has a Laid Back personality and found Rush. I also ended up with Pooh Jeter on my team somehow, but I don't remember if he started with the team or if I got him in one of the trades somehow.
I'm a celtics user too and I like this trade. It makes me want to do it but I have an OCD issue where I feel wrong if I'm not playing with the exact real life roster lol.

I don't think the thunder would do that trade though, Oneal is injury ravaged and old which is against what the thunder are going for. but the other one I love.......as for the Lakers.....don't even talk to me about em! haha
Old 01-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #918
Rookie

dazpoo23's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Bulls receive:
OJ Mayo

Grizzlies reeive
Ronnie Brewer
2011 2nd round pick
A good old fashioned raping. I know OJ is in alot of trade rumors, but you could have at least have the courtsey of giving up a fist rounder before bending Memphis over.

Quote:
Bulls receive:
Tiago Spillter
1st round 2011
2nd round 2011
1st round 2012

Spurs receive:
Kurt Thomas
1st round 2011
1st round 2012
Yea, spurs give up the guy they've waited 2 years to squire, so they can swap picks and add a player who's been pro longer than Splitters been alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
During the 2011 draft I made this trade:
Suns receive 17th overall pick and 2012 1st Round Pick from Nuggets for Josh Childress and 23rd overall pick.

My reasoning was I wanted to move up and take SF/SG Tyler Honeycutt from UCLA. He made Childress expendable. Also for Denver, Carmelo left so they needed a SF.
So Denver's only star left, the team needs to rebuild sooooo, they trade away all their picks, their chances at getting Honeycutt themselves through the draft, future draft prospects for?? a SG that cant shoot and has a long overpaid contract, and a worse 1st rounder than they had before??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy

Good trades on the Celts, but you gave up a lot for tmac.

dazpoo23, CultGame.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #919
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazpoo23
So Denver's only star left, the team needs to rebuild sooooo, they trade away all their picks, their chances at getting Honeycutt themselves through the draft, future draft prospects for?? a SG that cant shoot and has a long overpaid contract, and a worse 1st rounder than they had before??
Good point. O probably should have given them a little more. Although, technically they only traded away one future pick and swapped picks from 17 to 23. Childress is rated 77 in the game and should do fine as a starter (in the game ). Also, he filled in adequately as a starter for me for the second half of the season once Hedo was traded. However, his contract does suck.

It will be interesting to track his progress throughout the season.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 01-03-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #920
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13

I just made a trade yesterday with my MIN franchise, year 2.

MIN trades Wes Johnson & '12 2nd rnd
UT trades Paul Millsap

I was under the cap and able to take Millsap's contract. I did this because I've had Beasley at PF all season and I'd much rather have him playing SF [now i have someone to guard Lebron,Durant,Melo]. My offense is based on guard and wing play, my PF & C are there for boards and blocks.

PG Flynn | E.Bledsoe
SG Ginobili | Nick Young
SF Beasley | Donte Greene | Laz Hayward
PF Millsap | Amundson
C Sharpe[rookie] | Splitter | Whiteside

Is this a fair trade and a good one at that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »