Home

The Official Rate My Trade Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Rate My Trade Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeux
Is nobody here, who can still make me another few realistic trade ideas for my Timberwolves? I do not know myself unfortunately so well out and here are enough people who knows very well which trades can be good and also realistic for the T-Wloves.
I'll see if I can help you bud.

I'm not sitting in front of the game right now but I can make some suggestions for you and you can see what you'll need to get it done.

PG - Flynn with Ridnour backing him up is good enough
SG - Brewer (if you play him at SG and not SF that is) Wayne Ellington -

I'm not particularly sold on either of those guys. Everyone just keeps waiting for both of them to develop but I really don't think it's ever going to happen. I would package one or both of them plus a second rounder and grab someone that's more consistent. Brewer has solid athleticism and if you really like him keep him, but at least trade Ellington for a better starting or equal backup (equal to Brewer I mean).

SF - Lazar Hayward, Martell Webster, Wes Johnson - They're all decent players, I'm not sure what Lazars potential is but he's probably worth developing, I'm looking at some of his ratings online right now and it appears as though he's a decent shooter right out of the box. Personally this is a position I would upgrade. If you get rid of Ellington you can have Webster and Brewer at the SG. Have Lazar and Wes getting a lot of playing time and subsequent development at the Small Forward spot. Or if you're not really into developing players and want to win now. Then you can get rid of Hayward and package a 1st rounder for a guy like Iguadola or Danny Granger, an "almost" franchise player of that caliber. Would probably cost you a 1st round pick, ellington, and hayward. Plug that into the trade finder and see what you get.

PF - Michael Beasley, Kevin Love - Both of these guys are a real treat to play with, Love is incredibly underrated, can hit from the low post all the way out to the 3 point line (and he's an incredibly accurate 3 point shooter at that). And is one of the best rebounders in the game. Beasley has a big ceiling and could develop into something really special. So I don't think you need to do anything here. You can also experiment with Love at the C and Beasley at the PF spot if you need some offense the combo of both down low should really help you.

C - Darko, Kosta Kofous, Nikola Pekovic, - This position really needs an upgrade, Al Jefferson was not the best defender, but he was much better than these three. Pekovic is an interesting prospect and some friends have told me he's fun to play with and became a solid starting C in their franchises. I would say while he develops though go after a true starting center or a guy like Roy Hibbert, Andray Blache, (he can play the C very well though he's listed as a PF). Javale McGee, Greg Oden, or any other type of player that's not a superstar, but a solid starter. Out of that small list, based on experience with 2k11, Hibbert and Blache are both really, really good. Blatche is a bit better offensively, but Hibbert grabs offensive boards like crazy and gets easy putbacks, not to mention blocks everything as well.

So there, I hope that helps you out in your franchise. If not, it was fun to write.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #162
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I dont follow the NBA so I dont know if I am ripping somebody off. If it is bad is it a realistically bad trade that happens on occassion or is it just unthinkable?

Orlando (Me) give up:

C Marcin Gortat
C Daniel Orton

Oklahoma City gives up:

PF Jeff Green
11' First Round Pick

Thoughts? If it is too unrealistic I will do something like trade their first round pick back for a second.
OKCs GM Sam Presti comes from Spurs lineage, and values draft picks and young developing players (Green). With having drafted Cole Aldrich I don't see any suitable reason that the Thunder would want Gortat, and therefore move Green. With Durant/Westbrook/Green, not to forget Harden, they are a contending team in the West. Gortat, IMO, offers no more advantage than Aldrich moving forward, and so Aldrich should get the backup minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
And then with Gortat gone, I needed a backup center. Bass is listed as a C too, but he is only 6'8" and Howard cant play 45 min a game. And I wasnt comfortable with Malik Allen gettin 12-15 min a game. So I did this:

Magic Give Up:

SG JJ Redick
PF Ryan Anderson
2011 Second Round Pick
2012 Second Round Pick

Blazers Give Up:

C Joel Przybilla
PF Jeff Pendergraph
2012 Second Round Pick

Not the nicest trade for me but it had to be done
Don't see a need w/ JJ Redick on the Blazers. Portland has shooters, and ones that play better D than JJ. Ryan Anderson is fodder, and not worthy of a trade...unless he garnered some kind of cap relief which I don't think he does. With Blazer centers going down w/ injuries last year, Portland needs all the depth they have and probably then some...

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but ask and you shall receive.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thunder (me) get:
Korver
Noah

Chicago get:
Iverson (FA)
Kristic
2nd round pick

I got exactly what I needed for extremely cheap. I am now rolling in my association, 2nd in the west behind the Lakers.

I love shooting with Korver. He can't miss from outside.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #164
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1mpy
Thunder (me) get:
Korver
Noah

Chicago get:
Iverson (FA)
Kristic
2nd round pick

I got exactly what I needed for extremely cheap. I am now rolling in my association, 2nd in the west behind the Lakers.

I love shooting with Korver. He can't miss from outside.
Terrible trade.

I see you signed Iverson only to trade him, which is bad. And then as far as realism goes the Bulls would never give up Noah for anything close to what you offered. They were not willing to give him up in exchange for Carmelo, and here you are giving them Iverson.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Terrible trade.

I see you signed Iverson only to trade him, which is bad. And then as far as realism goes the Bulls would never give up Noah for anything close to what you offered. They were not willing to give him up in exchange for Carmelo, and here you are giving them Iverson.
I didn't make them take it. Like I said, I was extremely happy and shocked that I got the trade. Now the Thunder are unstoppable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #166
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Thunder (me) get:
Korver
Noah

Chicago get:
Iverson (FA)
Kristic
2nd round pick

I got exactly what I needed for extremely cheap. I am now rolling in my association, 2nd in the west behind the Lakers. I love shooting with Korver. He can't miss from outside.
Horrible deal. OKC...had they wanted Iverson, could've got them on their own for the vet minimum. You robbed the CPU.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #167
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I didn't make them take it. Like I said, I was extremely happy and shocked that I got the trade. Now the Thunder are unstoppable.
I don't think the question is whether the trade was forced, more was the trade realistic. I have difficulty believing the bulls would ever agree to this trade IRL. Iverson's strength this late in his career would be as a scorer, and a volume scorer at that. Given Tom Thibodeau's focus is on defense and grinding out games, Iverson wouldn't fit into that equation as his defense is on the decline and the worst type of player you want in an offense like the Bulls where there will be less possessions given the focus on defense and a half court offense is a volume scorer who can't pull his weight on defense.
Plus Krstic is nowhere near Noah in terms of defense as he has average well under a block in his career, def not fitting thibodeau's emphasis on defense. Noah is too important of a piece to Thibodeau's style, and the players you offered do not fit the Bulls style of play.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #168
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
I don't think the question is whether the trade was forced, more was the trade realistic. I have difficulty believing the bulls would ever agree to this trade IRL. Iverson's strength this late in his career would be as a scorer, and a volume scorer at that. Given Tom Thibodeau's focus is on defense and grinding out games, Iverson wouldn't fit into that equation as his defense is on the decline and the worst type of player you want in an offense like the Bulls where there will be less possessions given the focus on defense and a half court offense is a volume scorer who can't pull his weight on defense.
Plus Krstic is nowhere near Noah in terms of defense as he has average well under a block in his career, def not fitting thibodeau's emphasis on defense. Noah is too important of a piece to Thibodeau's style, and the players you offered do not fit the Bulls style of play.
an FYI to everyone. Just because the computer accepts a trade, it does not mean it is fair. 2k improved CPU tragic logic, but it still does not 100% reflect what teams would do in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »