Home

The Official Rate My Trade Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Rate My Trade Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #2241
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: The Official Rate My Trade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
Yea, but 2k's trade logic is completely awful.

If you want to trade based on what the 2k computer says, you can get guys like kevin love for a late 1st round pick and some spare parts.
So true. You can trade rape the CPU all day long...

psn - CeeGee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #2242
Rookie

lufc4ever's Arena

OVR: 0

Timberwolves, 1st season:

Timberwolves trade: Michael Beasley, Wes Johnson and Martell Webster
76ers trade: Andre Iguodala and Sam Young

I like this trade for me. I don't like Beasley in real life. He plays no defence and struggles to rebound. He can score, but what else? Wes Johnson is another player I don't rate and Webster is in for salary matching.

In Iguodala I get a nice ballhandler, passer, rebounder and defender. Sam Young offers a little bit of everything in my team. I feel I got the best of this trade. I also signed Karl Fuller from the D-League to help with outside shooting.

Supports:

Soccer: Leeds United
NBA: LA Lakers
MLB: Boston Red Sox
College Sports: UCLA Bruins
Old 07-11-2012, 05:40 AM   #2243
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

im in my first year with the celtics and id like to get rid of marquis daniels and possibly mikeal pietrus (have jeff green on my roster) as well chris wilcox. they all got only 1 year of contract left. should i just wait until the end of the season until their contracts expire or should i try to trade them somewhere before. i used the trade finder and got a lot of offers but i would like to make some realstic moves. any suggestions?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 07-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #2244
Banned

OVR: 2

If I were to trade for Dwight Howard.. Would this work of be logical.

Magic get:
Kris Humphries
Brook Lopez
'12 1st round pick
A solid role player

Nets get:
Dwight Howard

If you don't like this, you are welcomes to give me any suggestions.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:07 AM   #2245
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyPride2014
If I were to trade for Dwight Howard.. Would this work of be logical.

Magic get:
Kris Humphries
Brook Lopez
'12 1st round pick
A solid role player

Nets get:
Dwight Howard

If you don't like this, you are welcomes to give me any suggestions.
I think Magic will be trade Howard only with Turkoglu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #2246
Rookie

lufc, I like that trade a lot and agree with your assessment. These "potential" players that haven't done much by their third or fourth years can and should be traded all day for guys like Iggy. One of the best defenders in the league as well. He's Scottie Pippen Lite. Go for it.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #2247
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

So I started a association hoping to get the Cavs back to playoff contention with life after LeBron..

I made 1 trade: Jamison and I think my pics (maybe some fillers can't remember the players) to the Rockets for Kevin Martin, Courtney Lee and Dalembert..

And then signed Lamar Odom

I started -
Kyrie, Martin, Gee, Odom, Varejao
Bench -
Gibson, Lee, Casspi, Thompson, Dalembert, Harris, Samuels

Made it to the second round of the playoffs game 5, and improved record by like 30 wins.. Kyrie and Martin both all stars, and Kyrie rookie of the year and Martin at 28ppg.. I played only 10 games or so..

In the off season signed: Chris Paul, Andre Miller, Landry Feilds, DJ White, and re-signed Lee&Dalembert..

Then made a 3 team trade with Orlando and Phoenix

Cavs trade: Paul(ORL), Thompson(ORL), Varejao(PHO),and 1st pick(ORL)
Magic Trade: Howard(CLE),D Collisin(PHO),Glen Davis(PHO)
Suns Trade: Moris(CLE),Gortat(ORL), J Terry(ORL), and 1st pick(ORL)

In the end the magic gain a new starting PG, SG, PF, and C while also adding two first round pics to build with

The Suns before the trade were starting Willie Warren at PG(61ovr) and upgraded to Collison(81), and also gained a starting PF and C to compliment Wes Johnson and Dorell Wright (their Wing men)

And I end up with my line-up of - Irving, Martin, Gee, Morris/Odom, and Dwight..
With solid bench- Lee, Fields, Dalembert, A Miller, and Casspi

What do y'all think? I think I was pretty fair along the way with the trades and trying to balance it out somewhat.. I got Dwight out of Orlando and left them with 4 new starters, one who is a complete superstar, one only 21 years old and 2 new 1st round picks, made a trade with the recently "trade happy" Rockets, and significantly improved the Suns at the PG spot to deal with losing Nash while replacing their lost Center and upgrading them at PF..
Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #2248
MVP

OVR: 8

I know there isn't a lot of actvity these days around 2k12, mostly folks talking about 2k13. However, I have a dynasty in its third season (linked in my sig) that I want some advice about some possible mid-season trades.

Current Playoff picture: Heat, Knicks 2 gb, Bulls, 2.5, Pistons (me), 2.5, Celtics 6.5, Pacers 8.5, Raptors 8.5, 76ers 10.5 Outside looking in: Wizards 11.0 gb, Magic 11.5, Hawks 13.5, Bucks 14, Cavs 14.5, Bobcats 14.5, Nets 22.0

Trail Blazers, Lakers 2 gb, Twolves 4.5, Memphis 11.5 (bad division), Thunder 5.0, Nuggets 8.5, Kings 9.5, Clippers 10.5, Rockets 12, Spurs 12.5, Mavs 13.5, Warriors 14.5, Jazz 15.5, Suns 17.5, Hornets 21

The following trades are ones I came up with and are considering:

For Manu Ginobili who is in the final year of his one year contract at 5.51m (gave a hometown discount) and is 36. He is not a long term option for anyone

Bulls: SG P.J. Hairston (65 OVR, 73 POT), Tony Allen 1/2.0m, Baron Davis 1/2.0m and a 2014 1st round pick

Clippers: Eric Bledsoe, Devin Ebanks, Samardo Samules, 2014 1st, Spurs also give James Johnson along with Ginobili

Blazers: Luke Babbitt (68OVR, 75 POT), Wesley Mathews, 2014 1st

Kevin Martin: Martin has a 4 year/30.67m deal with the Orlando Magic, who are trying to rebuild around Andrew Bynum ,Tu Holloway, and Adonis Thomas.

Bulls: P.J. Hairston, Tony Allen, Taj Gibson (3/14.84m), 2014 1st while Magic also send Courtney Fortson (1/487k), Jerome Harper (1/487k)

Blazers: Wesley Mathews, 2014 1st

Three-Way Trade
Clippers: Chauncey Billups 1/3.0m, retiring and shooting under 35%) (DEN), Eric Bledsoe (ORL), Samardo Samuels (ORL), 2014 1st (ORL)
Nuggets: Jordan Hamilton (LAC), Casper Ware (ORL), Dexter Strickland ORL)
Orlando: Kevin Martin (LAC), 2015 2nd (DEN)

Celtics: Avery Bradley (HOU), JaJuan Johnson (ORL), Wesley Johnson (ORL), 2014 2nd (ORL)
Rockets: Corey Magette (BOS), 2014 1st (ORL),
Magic: Kevin Martin (BOS), Courtney Fortson (HOU)

Joe Johnson: He has a 3 year/69.53m contract. He, Horford, and Josh Smith make close to 50 million a year together, hampering any other moves. The Hawks are struggling to make the playoffs after making it to the Eastern Conference Finals last season (swept by Miami). I'm not sure they are even ready for a move but I'm exploring options for all three

Clippers: Caron Butler (1/8.0m), Billups, DeAndre Jordan (2/21.5m), 2014 1st get back Johnson, Jerome Jordan

Al Horford: (3 years/36.0m)

Celtics: Robin Lopez (1/1.93m), Avery Bradley (1/2.51m), David West (2/12.91m)
Rockets: Kyle Lowry (1/6.21m), Timofy Mozgov (2/3.92m), 2014 1st

Josh Smith: (5 years/69.14m)
Bulls: Taj Gibson, Carlos Boozer (2/32.10m), 2014, 16, and 18 1st round picks
Rockets: Courtney Lee (2/6.56m), Marcus Morris (73OVR 79POT, already averaging 13.2ppg in 20.0m .479%), 2014, 16, 18 1st round picks
Timberwolves: Dorrell Wright (3/15.71m), Luke Ridnour (1/4.32m), Brandon Rush (1/3.0m and the league's leading 3 point shooter in about 20 MPG), 2014, 16, 18 1st round picks

Dirk Nowitzki: yes, the unthinkable. Dirk is 35 and in the last year of his contract (22.70m). The Mavs need to rebuild and Dirk has value to a contender. He's still averaging 18ppg and 9.7 rpg in 31.2mpg.

Bulls: Taj Gibson, Carlos Boozer, 2014, 16, 18 1st round picks

Jeff Green: He has a 3 year/20.72m deal. that may a bit much for his production on a non-playoff team.

Three Way Trade
Lakers: Rodney Williams (69OVR, 60POT 6.9ppg .440% 18.9mpg) (MIL), 2015 1st (MIL) Hedo Turkoglu (1/12.0m) (PHO)
Bucks: Jeff Green (LAL)
Suns: Tayshaun Prince (2/14.95m) (MIL)

Timberwolves: Ridnour, Rush, 2014 1st

John Wall: Washington drafted Tony Wroten with the 7th pick. He's a 68 with 70 potential and is averaging 6.8ppg and 4.8apg in 20.2mpg on .444 shooting. In three previous seasons, Wall has shot .409, .411, and .410. He is currently at a career high .439 and a career high .333 from 3 pt land. He is in the last year of his contract and wants a max deal. I'm not even sure he would stay in Washington or that they would pay him a max deal with Wroten.

Houston Rockets: Donatas Motiejunas (monster prospect, averaging 7.2ppg in just 13.5mpg and under team control for 2 more years after this one), 2014, 16, 18 1st round picks

Danny Granger: Final year of his deal with the New Orleans Hornets, who are the worst team in the league and are building around Anthony Davis. Granger has sent mixed signals that he wantst to stay in New Orleans and is expected to get 15 million or so per year.

Clippers: Caron Butler, Devin Ebanks, Samardo Samuels, Wille Green 1/866k), 2014 and 2016 1st round picks

Three way Trade:

Lakers: Turkoglu (NOH), Rodney Williams (NOH), PF Tarik Black (66OVR, 69 POT) (ORL), 2015 1st (NOH)
Hornets: Granger (LAL), PF Milan MacVan (64OVR, 79POT) (ORL), Jon Leurer (LAL)
Magic: Courtney Fortson (NOH), 2014 1st (NOH)

Rockets: Motiejunas, PF Xavier Gibson (59OVR, 65 POT), Chandler Parsons, 2014, 2016 1st rounders

Let me know what you think about any of the deals. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »